Data Center serves as the manager of the historical quotes. You can:
You can open Data Сenter dialog window via File → Data Center menu:
Or click on this toolbar icon:
The window of Data Сenter has the following view:
The indicator at the top (the one that is green on the screenshot) shows the quality of the imported 1-minute data. You can download free medium-quality data directly from the data center in Forex Tester or from our page: datasources.
If you want to get the most accurate results, then you can purchase paid data at an affordable price.
Please note that using the lower quality data will most likely lead to less accurate testing results, which, in turn, may adversely affect the subsequent results of trading on the live accounts in case if you choose to use your backtested trading system on the real market.
The indicator at the bottom (the gray one with oblique lines on the screenshot) indicates the absence of tick data in this example. Tick data is extremely important for testing short-term and scalping strategies. If you are trading on M1-M30 time frames, then subscribing to the paid historical data will be a good investment.
Please see the description of the main elements of the window below.
1) The list of currency symbols:
With the help of this list you can:
You can also activate necessary pairs by checking the box to the left from the currency pair name and then apply group settings (download data, change leverage, etc.) for multiple pairs.
2) The description of currency symbol properties:
You can change currency symbol properties with the help of the Change Properties button.
In the Symbol properties dialog window you can see 2 tabs: Common and Commission.
On the Common tab you can change the following settings:
On the Commissions tab you have the ability to set up the next properties:
After you change necessary options please click Ok button.
3) Information about downloaded data:
The following dialog allows getting the information about downloaded data and change some import properties.
You can see the elements of this dialog in detail below:
1. Time shift:
This message shows the time zone of historical data. By default, our data are provided in GMT+0 time zone; you will be able to change the time zone when creating a new project.
2. Data quality indicators:
This part of the window gives the ability to evaluate the quality of historical data:
4) Data management buttons:
These buttons allow you to perform the following actions:
1. Update from server button allows you downloading historical data from our server. You can find more information about downloading the data here.
2. Import data from a file button allows you importing historical data in files from other sources. Files can have .txt, .csv or .hst extension. You can find more information about importing data from a file here.
3. Export button allows exporting historical data from a Forex Tester program into a text file for further processing by another application (for example, Excel). Forex Tester allows exporting data with any timeframe.
4. Clear History button allows to delete historical data for selected currency symbol(s). By clicking this button you can delete minute or/and tick history.
5) Information line:
This part is located in the bottom left corner of the Data Center window. Information line displays the connection state to the data server. While connecting to the server, you will see the following message "Connecting to the data server", and in this moment, we do not recommend doing any action with data. Also in information line you can see the type of the Data Subscription you are subscribed to. You can find more info about the types of data subscription and subscribe here.
6) The News tab:
On this tab you can find information about available historical news, download them manually or find the link for upgrading your subscription.
To learn more about News please click on this link