chart gets frozen easily and moves very slow

Bug reports and errors in the program
tonny20

chart gets frozen easily and moves very slow

#1 Postby tonny20 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:11 pm

when I finish my analysis on H4 or H1 Chart and go lower timeframe like 30mins chart to make an order, the chart always gets frozen. even I switch the chart from the current time frame to a higher timeframe like from H4 chart to daily chart, I face the same problem.
When I use the space button to move the chart bar by bar, the chart also moves very slow. It always freezes for a while and then move . FT4 is worse than FT3 in this function.

FX Helper

Re: chart gets frozen easily and moves very slow

#2 Postby FX Helper » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:01 am

Hello

Please attempt to do the following to speed up the program and fix the issues:
1. Always launch the program as administrator (right-click the Forex Tester icon -> run as administrator).
2. Close all charts which you don’t need at the moment. This issue can happen when you have a too big number of charts opened.
2. Remove all indicators instances that you do not need at the current moment.
For example, you may have 2 MA on 2 timeframes (let’s say on M5 and M15) of one chart. Each of these MA instances will be calculated separately, so it is recommended to remove all indicators that you do not need at the current moment and leave the indicators only on the timeframes which you use. In this case our program will need less time to load the project.
3. Check that no automatic strategies are running at this moment, or just turn off strategy execution ("Testing -> Enable/Disable Strategy execution" menu).
4. Create a new project and use the "Generate ticks by OHLC points" option.
5. Perhaps some of your data files were corrupted. Try to delete the data using the “Clear history” button and then download it from Data Center again.
6. Attempt to decrease the value in the “Tick package size” drop-down menu.

melaloy

#3 Postby melaloy » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:11 am

WHY halfway stopped and not moving forward. i can go back but not forward.

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:35 am

Hello,

Please do the following to fix the issue.
1. Click the “Data Center” button on the Main Toolbar (top left of the window) > “Update from sever” > select the “Download part of history” radio button > set up the desired date range and click “Update”.
Please select Forexite broker from the list before clicking “Update from server” button and you will be able to download historical data from 2001 till 2019 year.
2. Create a new project through the File > New Project main menu or use the “New Project” button on the Main Toolbar. Give a name to the project, then click Next.
3. In the next window select necessary pairs that you want to test and dates of testing, click "Next".
4. Start testing from the first date in the range or define any other day to start and click "Create".
5. Click the "Start Test" button when you are ready to start testing your strategy.

Return to “Bug reports”