Convert .mq4 files to FT4 .dll files

Make use of MetaTrader indicators in Forex Tester 4 [in a couple of clicks!]
Woky

Convert .mq4 files to FT4 .dll files

#1 Postby Woky » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:00 pm

Hi,

When programming strategies with the MetaEditor the final file extension is ".mq4", when I am in the ForexTester4 Strategies section and I click on "install strategies" and add my file ".mq4", the program says it needs to convert it to a proper ForexTester4 format, the result is a ".dll" file and then the strategy is installed and can be used.

My question is, is there any individual program or web tool to convert my ".mq4" files into ".dll" files, without going through the Forextester4 strategy installer? Since I would like to convert a multitude of files at the same time and not one by one.

Thank you!

dancercoffin

Re: Convert .mq4 files to FT4 .dll files

#2 Postby dancercoffin » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:33 am

I don't think such tool exist. In my three year of experience i haven't seen any tool as you are asking. :roll:
https://www.bitcoinprofit.app/

FX Helper

#3 Postby FX Helper » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:29 am

Hello,

Sorry, but this can be done via Forex Tester 4 program only as far as I know, there is no other way to convert these files to .dll files which are supported by Forex Tester.

Woky

#4 Postby Woky » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:16 am

FX Helper wrote:Hello,

Sorry, but this can be done via Forex Tester 4 program only as far as I know, there is no other way to convert these files to .dll files which are supported by Forex Tester.

If I understand of course that to do the file conversion it is necessary to have MT4 installed.

But would you like to know if this file conversion option could be launched from the installation folder or otherwise, without having to open the MT4 each time and import a strategy?

FX Helper

#5 Postby FX Helper » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:52 am

Hello,

No, sorry, as I said, the only way to convert a strategy into Forex Tester format is to add it to the FT4 program via File -> Install -> Install New Strategy menu.

There is no other way at the moment.

Return to “MetaTrader 4 to Forex Tester 4 Converter”