Auto Conversion failed, manual conversion upload failed.

Make use of MetaTrader indicators in Forex Tester 4 [in a couple of clicks!]
alwaysmiddle

Auto Conversion failed, manual conversion upload failed.

#1 Postby alwaysmiddle » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:29 am

Hello

I ran into problems converting .mq4 indicator files into .dll files. It seems the file also failed to upload to FT's server with manual conversion. I have used another file from 2009 period, it seems to convert fine, but the 2020's file does not seem to convert well automatically. This file does not have an "init()" function, it only exclusively uses event triggers, I am not sure if that is the cause.

The attached is the .mq4 file I am trying to install as indicator. I have also sent a copy to support@forextester.com .
TD Sequential Ultimate.zip
(6.31 KiB) Downloaded 82 times

Please let me know if the conversion is possible, thank you!

FX Helper

Re: Auto Conversion failed, manual conversion upload failed.

#2 Postby FX Helper » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:05 am

Hello,

We've tried to convert this indicator but it looks like it contains functions which are not supported by our API.

In this case I recommend you to contact our partners from 4XDEV team by email 4xdev.team@gmail.com or via their site 4xdev.com

They are a programmers who convert/create indicators and EAs for Forex Tester 4 and MetaTrader.

SPX500trader

#3 Postby SPX500trader » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:57 pm

From reading other posts in various forums on the "conversion fail" To me this seems like the biggest flaw of ForexTester's service. Their answer to all the complaints is: contact 4XDEV team to "convert"--so the end result is you have to choose between paying money to 4XDEV team to actually use ForexTester to test your EA's or never be able to test them at all

Of course some EA's will fail if they weren't programmed correctly in the 1st place but this "auto conversion" seems to fail almost 100% of the time (based on feedback of other posts on this subject)
There is no way that all of the EA's that have been done by 5 star expert MT4 programmers could fail virtually 100% of the time on auto conversion so then you have to ask the question: does it "fail" virtually every conversion on purpose to refer to 4XDEV team to "convert" ?

ForexTester should list a checklist on the auto conversion tool---that is something to the effect of: Before uploading for auto conversion please check your source code for these common coding errors which will result in a failed conversion. Also they could have a tool that pre-scans the EA and shows the user all of the errors. That way people could have their own programmers "correct" the code so that it should go through when using the auto conversion tool instead of basically being forced to choose between paying 4XDEV team to "convert" or just not being able to use their EA on your system to test at all

pipob

#4 Postby pipob » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:40 am

100 % Agree with SPX500Trader. All the automatic conversion fails, and the payed software should alert that there is no compatibility.

FX Helper

#5 Postby FX Helper » Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:12 am

Hello,

Sorry, but some functions (the most used one of them is iCustom) is not supported by Forex Tester API, which means that not all EAs can be converted automatically.
In this case the only other solution is manual conversion, that's why we offer our clients to contact 4xdev team if they need this EA to be converted.

malmurayeh

#6 Postby malmurayeh » Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:00 pm

I bought FT 5 version and up-to-date with the premium package in full . Absolutely you are right it is 100% failure rate to convert any AE MT4 by FT !

It is too bad , then what is the point of having a subroutine trying to install it or just a false hope to be done manually by your partners with expensive fees !

Disappointed as others !
:roll: :roll: :shock:

FX Helper

#7 Postby FX Helper » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:01 am

Hello,

The main reason of adding the automatic converted was the ability to convert MT4 indicators (current success rate is ~75-80%), EAs are much more complex, that's why success rate is much lower (~25%) at the moment.

malmurayeh

#8 Postby malmurayeh » Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:37 am

Kindly give me an example of success ( conversion ) to try and out myself .
Thanks

malmurayeh

#9 Postby malmurayeh » Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:37 am

Kindly give me an example of success ( conversion ) to try and out myself .
Thanks

Return to “MetaTrader 4 to Forex Tester 4 Converter”