Fast Tester

Ask general questions about the software
michriggs

Fast Tester

#1 Postby michriggs » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:35 pm

I read in the user manual that there is an option to "Fast Test" a strategy but it doesn't tell you how to turn this on. I noticed a lot of the help topics are outdated so I am assuming this feature is no longer available but I thought I would ask anyway.

Also,
When creating a strategy in VSB how do you limit the orders it opens? For example if the slow ema crosses the fast ema I want to place one order. What I am finding is that there is no way to have the strategy check for open orders prior to opening a new position. I tried using the "Open Once" option but that doesn't seem to do anything. I would like it to only open one order at my trigger point.

How do you select input parameters that can be changed once loaded into FT4?

Thanks

FX Helper

Re: Fast Tester

#2 Postby FX Helper » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:45 am

Hello,

"Fast test" option is available in the Forex Tester 4 program, you just need to click on this button (at the right of "Start Test" button) and then click "Start" button.

And our software will quickly perform a test on a whole range of selected data (you can define this range when creating a project).

And if the EA is activated in the "Strategies list" window, our software will open orders automatically according to the rules of this EA during the fast test.

As for your question, you need to activate "Open once" option in the VSB tool, in this case our software will only open one order of this type and it will not open a second order according to the same rule while a first order is still opened.

Return to “General Questions about FT”