FT4 Warning Each Time I Switch B/W Devices

Ask general questions about the software
Ezeani

FT4 Warning Each Time I Switch B/W Devices

#1 Postby Ezeani » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:21 pm

Hello,

I have FT4 installed on two devices, my laptop, and desktop. Each time I launch the application on a device I get a warning message that says Forex Tester was activated on another computer with the same registration key and the current device is inactive, requiring me to activate the current device. Is this normal?

Activation Warning.png
Activation Warning
Activation Warning.png (52.96 KiB) Viewed 25501 times

One of the selling points for me was the ability to use FT4 on multiple devices with a single license. From the website:

If you have a Forex Tester 4 or Forex Tester 3 license, you can use the same registration key on a few computers. The license allows you to install the software on your PC at home and, say, on a laptop at work. You’ll be able to run the program on the PC when you are not working with it on the laptop. Working with Forex Tester on both machines simultaneously is not possible.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Happy New Year!

:D

FX Helper

Re: FT4 Warning Each Time I Switch B/W Devices

#2 Postby FX Helper » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:30 am

Hello,

Yes, this is completely normal, in this situation you need to click "Yes" then click "Activate" in the next window and restart the software.

And then you can continue using it in the full mode.

You can move the program license between your desktop and laptop unlimited number of times.

Ezeani

Re: FT4 Warning Each Time I Switch B/W Devices

#3 Postby Ezeani » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:42 pm

Great! Thank you!

Return to “General Questions about FT”