Multiple pair testing no data

Ask general questions about the software
federali

Multiple pair testing no data

#1 Postby federali » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:29 am

I am trying to test multiple pairs at once. this is the steps i followed. I can get one pair to work but not the others.

1) Open Forex Tester. Go to History Mode and Open Data Center window.
2) Choose necessary currency pairs one-by-one and download historical data for them for necessary time period
3) Click "Generate ticks" button. Choose necessary currency pairs at the same time and click "Generate" button
4) Go to Testing Mode. In Testing Mode open charts of necessary currency pairs, click "Start Test" button and choose "Start testing from the first date in range" option to start testing with necessary data.

once i do this only one pair starts testing USDCAD. the other 4 pairs stay on NO DATA

federali

Re: Multiple pair testing no data

#2 Postby federali » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:41 am

what i did was load every single pair by itself. then i loaded them all together. i got it to kinda work once i did the 5 pairs at the same time. only pair with NO DATA is the USDJPY. I have 4 currently running at the same time.

federali

#3 Postby federali » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:42 am

well im back to only two pairs at the same time. the others are stuck on NO DATA

federali

#4 Postby federali » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:13 am

ok, i figured it out. I had to make sure all the pairs had enough data downloaded from Server. that was my issued i only had a small date range. so i just picked my range example 1-1-2010 to 13-30-13 for all the pairs. then i downloaded tick data and works fine. I have 5 multiple pairs charts testing at once.

FX Helper

#5 Postby FX Helper » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:36 am

Hello,

It is ok that Forex Tester shows “No Data” in Testing Mode. It is just the result of the previous test but if you did not do any test before on some currency pairs it will show “No Data”.
You just need to start a new test to replace “No Data” message with quotes.

But if you started test and the chart is still empty then probably you have different data periods for different symbols. For example, you may have data for EURUSD starting from 01.01.2001 and data for AUDUSD starting from 01.01.2002, in this case when you start a test AUDUSD chart will be empty until the testing date reaches 01.01.2002. So please start a test from the date where you have data for all pairs or please import more data in Data Center.

Return to “General Questions about FT”