Issues with History mode and data mode

Ask general questions about the software
sero4eva

Issues with History mode and data mode

#1 Postby sero4eva » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:51 pm

Hi there,

I having a little trouble with FT2, I followed the instructions on data importing and on the history window i can se data all the way till 2001. But however when I went to the testing mode, i can only test data from 2011 onwards. anyhelp would be great!

federali

Re: Issues with History mode and data mode

#2 Postby federali » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:46 am

I have the same problem. When i update from server it give me the option date form 2001 for the the GU for example. Then when i see the imported 1 min history it only shows up to 2010. even after a generate the ticks. Does that to the UJ,AU, and GU. i can make it work on the other pairs im using. Not sure what i am doing wrong.

FX Helper

#3 Postby FX Helper » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:27 am

Hello,

If you want to see historical data from History Mode in Testing Mode then you need to generate ticks for these data.
Please note that if you want to test many currency pairs at the same time then you need to generate ticks for these currency pairs at the same time.

So please do the following:
1) Switch to History Mode
2) Open Data Center window
3) Check if you have enough historical data for currency pairs which you want to test
4) Click “Generate ticks” button
5) Check necessary currency pairs which you want to test and click “Generate” button.
Please note that each tick generation erases previously generated data so you need to generate ticks for few currency pairs at the same time
6) Switch to Testing Mode
7) Open charts of necessary currency pairs via File -> Add New Chart menu.
8) Click “Start Test” button to start a new test.

You can read an instruction about how to generate ticks on our site here: http://www.forextester.com/ticks.html or please watch this video-tutorial: http://www.forextester.com/video5.html

Let us know if you have any questions about Forex Tester or need any help with the software.

federali

#4 Postby federali » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:51 am

Perfect,
I did that. So for the British Pound Usd you only have data until 2010? Thats what is shows me. I click on the update data from 01-03-2001 until last 30 days. then i click update. after the update the Imported data still shows a start date of 2010 not 2001. Then i got to test mode and the no data shows prior to 2010.

This is what i did. When i went to update data i started from 2002. This seemed to work. now you can see the imported data from 2002 not 2010. After i start test i see data from 2002 and forward.

Got it to work. Thanks for the quick reply. You guys are the best.
Attachments
gu2.jpg
gu2.jpg (102.87 KiB) Viewed 7278 times
gu data.jpg
gu data.jpg (101.51 KiB) Viewed 7278 times
GU.jpg
GU.jpg (89 KiB) Viewed 7278 times

federali

#5 Postby federali » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:53 am

sorry the pictures or not in order. they are in reverse order. start with the bottom picture.

FX Helper

#6 Postby FX Helper » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:54 am

Hello,

When you select "Download new history" option the data is updated from last date which you have data for.

In this case you can clear data using "Clear" button and then download new data again.

Return to “General Questions about FT”