Problem with Pause Button

Ask general questions about the software
jmckinstry

Problem with Pause Button

#1 Postby jmckinstry » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:31 am

When I am testing, I like to switch between letting the candles automatically update and manually (using the space bar) to show the candles. It seems like when I am using the space bar and switch to letting them update automatically by clicking on the pause testing button. After I do this, it usually does not let me proceed using the space bar. Some times I also lose the ability to use the Shift button to stop the progressing when they are updating automatically.

I hope that this makes sense, the problem was a little hard to put into words. Please let me know if there is any more information that I can give.

Thanks,

Jeff

FX Helper

Re: Problem with Pause Button

#2 Postby FX Helper » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:34 am

Hello Jeff,

Maybe you test too much data and the program is slighly "freezing" becaue your computer can't calculate all the data at the time.

Please try doing the following things to speed up testing:
1) Remove all indicators instances that you do not need at the current moment.
For example you may have 2 MA on 2 timeframes (let’s say on M5 and M15) of one chart. Each of these MA instances will be calculated separately so it is recommended to remove all indicators that you do not need at the current moment and leave the indicators only on the timeframes which you use.
2) Check that no automatic strategies are running at this moment, or just turn off strategy execution ("Testing -> Enable/Disable Strategy execution" menu).
3) Re-generate ticks using "by Open/High/Low/Close" option
4) Try to start a new test from some date and uncheck “Preload days” checkbox
5) Maybe some of your data files were corrupted. Try to delete all of the data using “Clear” button and then download it from Data Center.

jmckinstry

#3 Postby jmckinstry » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:41 am

Thanks for the help FX Helper. I did try all of the items that you listed and things worked well for a while. Then is seemed that my keyboard was disabled. The Shift to stop the candles stopped working. When I pressed it, nothing happened, the candles just kept generating.

Also, the Space bar did not work to generate individual candles.

Very strange. Thanks for any guidance that you can suggest.

Jeff

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:56 am

Do you use Windows opearating system or maybe you use Windows emulator?

Also please check that you have Sticky Keys disabled. Please go to Control Panel -> Ease of Access Center -> Make the keyboard easier to use and check that you have "Turn on Sticky Keys" option disabled.

Return to “General Questions about FT”