Error when opening saved project

Ask general questions about the software
rkgermany

Error when opening saved project

#1 Postby rkgermany » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:22 am

Hi,

I did some extensive backtesting and saved the project. Then I tested another pair.
When opening the software again and trying to open the 1st saved project it does not open it.
I downloaded & generated tick data again, but got an error msg. However, it does show me, that there is something left - I just cant open the project anymore.
What am I doing wrong?

Thx in advance
Attachments
fxt2error.jpg
fxt2error.jpg (57.84 KiB) Viewed 3915 times

FX Helper

Re: Error when opening saved project

#2 Postby FX Helper » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:12 am

Hello,

You can open the project after generating ticks but note that list of currency pairs should be the same as it was, when you saved a project.

Please open "SymbolInfo.dat" file from your project’s folder (<Forex Tester/Projects/<project’s name>) you can open such files with the help of “Right click -> Open with -> Notepad”.

In this file you will see records like:

AUDUSD
2010.02.22 16:51
2010.02.23 23:59
AUDJPY
2010.02.22 16:51
2010.02.23 23:59

it means that you need to generate ticks for AUDUSD and USDJPY symbols for 2010.02.22 16:51 - 2010.02.23 23:59 date range or wider. Note that ticks have to be generated for all necessary pairs simultaneously (all necessary pairs have to be selected in “Generate ticks” dialog).

So you need to check that you have ticks generated for all necessary currency pairs (but not for more pairs) for proper date range. If you have lesser date range then you need to extend it.

To avoid excess tick re-generation, please generate ticks at the same time for all necessary currency pairs. To do this, please go to History Mode, open Data Center window, click “Generate ticks” button, check necessary currency pairs and click “Generate” button.

For example, if you generate ticks at the same time for EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY and XAUUSD currency pairs then you can create project for testing only EURUSD pair, only GBPUSD pair and then switch between these projects without re-generating ticks.

So for these two projects you will have ticks generated for the same currency pairs.

After you load the project you need to click “Start Test” button and select “Continue testing from last date” option so you can see all your trade history and continue testing.

Return to “General Questions about FT”