Speed of Testing

Ask general questions about the software
kmsid21

Speed of Testing

#1 Postby kmsid21 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:09 am

Hi,

I am currently running the demo version of ForexTester 5 and as such am using the medium dataset. I noticed that on the 1 minute timeframe it takes about 6 seconds for a candle to complete if running at the slowest mode. When I purchase the advanced dataset with full tick data, will/can the software then run the project so that each candle then takes exactly 1 minute to complete like on live accounts? I would like to be able to simulate as accurately as possible a live session.

Also, does FT5 have a development roadmap as to what features/improvements will be made in the future and are there any release notes? The reason I ask is that there are bugs (such as the risk to reward tool) that have remained unaddressed for a long time and it would be nice to see what the future holds for FT5 as well as what the changes/fixes are between versions.

Finally I noticed that the previous demo version I had of FT5 did not automatically upgrade, so it would be nice to know what the latest version is so that we know we are always running the latest version.

Thx

FX Helper

Re: Speed of Testing

#2 Postby FX Helper » Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:17 pm

Hello,

There is no way to make 1 minute candle to complete in exactly 1 minute but you can make it close to that.

That's because each candle has a different number of ticks and Forex Tester shows each tick after a certain period of time.
Therefore, if number of ticks is lesser for a certain minute, candle will be completed faster.

Risk/reward tool is not technically a bug, it just works differently compared to TradingView.

Our software shows Risk/Reward value and TradingView shows Reward/Risk (even though it is called Risk/Reward).
It was decided to change Risk/Reward tool in the next version of the Forex Tester program and make it look the same like in TradingView.
I will update this post when I have an information about when this new version is released.

As for the latest version of the program, it was released on 20th of June.

Return to “General Questions about FT”