Straight lines, line labels

Ask general questions about the software
Mil4n

Straight lines, line labels

#1 Postby Mil4n » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:39 pm

Hi, I am new in FT5 and did not find how to do these:
1) Is there any shortcut to draw a straight line? I want horizontal line, but only in some period of time, so I cannot use Horizontal line tool, which is time unlimited across all the chart. I use trend line and then manually edit 2nd coordinate, which is very complicated.

2) How can I draw a line with description or some label on the chart? I can draw line and then use text label, which is very user unfriendly when used often. I can set description or tool name in edit settings, but it is not displayed in the chart.

Btw. it would be nice to be able to extend rectangles to the sides without changing its height - like in tradingview.

Thank you for help.

FX Helper

Re: Straight lines, line labels

#2 Postby FX Helper » Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:20 pm

Hello,

Sorry, but there is no shortcut in the current version of the program to make a straight trend line.
You will need to make this trend line or ray straight manually.

As for the description of the line, it is bugger in a current program version, the only way is to use text label next to it at the moment.
This bug should be fixed in the next program versions.

Mil4n

#3 Postby Mil4n » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:54 pm

Hello, ok, thank you for your reply.
If you could do some straight line tool in new version, I think many people would appreciate it.

Nate

#4 Postby Nate » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:38 pm

100% agree. Straight line or straight trend line is needed. Pain not being able to do this.

Return to “General Questions about FT”