Several questions about FT4

Ask general questions about the software
carloswm85

Several questions about FT4

#1 Postby carloswm85 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:25 pm

Hi, everyone.

I have several questions about FT4. I'm barely learning to use it, and I find some of its features rather confusing. I come from being a TradingView user and a PineScript programmer (though not professioanly). By the way, I'm a software developer, working on .NET (both .NET Framework and Core).

Here some of my questions (I'll add more questions to this list as long as they appear).

• Is this forum the only place where the FT community meets? Do you use Discord, Facebook or other well know tools used for purposes like those follows by forums?
  • Is there a limit to the amount of indicators that I can add to one template? It seems to be that the limit is 7. I'm actually trying to save 5 indicators in one chart, while having 2 indicator in another hart (I have two charts in my screen). And more than 7 seems to be the limit per template. How should I use them? May you're asking why I need so many indicators. Well, I need a total of (at least) 8 per chart, because I used imported MA from other timeframes.
  • Where should I go to learn how to make my own indicators? I've read that I could use C++ or Delphi for this, but I haven't seen any tutorials in this forum for learning that (though I haven't digged too much for them, honestly; I guess that they should be easy to find).

That's it for now. I hope you can provide me with some guidance.

FX Helper

Re: Several questions about FT4

#2 Postby FX Helper » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:45 pm

Hello,

As far as I know, this forum is the only place where FT community meets.
As for Facebook, yes, our company has Facebook page as well.

As for the limit of the indicators in template in the Forex Tester 4 version, it is restricted to 64 indicators if I remember correctly.

As for your last question, please open Forex Tester 4 program, go to Help menu at the top, then click API Help -> Indicators API.
And there you will find description of Forex Tester API.
API files and indicator example can be found in C:\ForexTester4\Examples\Indicators folder.

Return to “General Questions about FT”