Pivot for ONLY THE CURRENT DAY

Indicators coded by community members
saikou-fund

Pivot for ONLY THE CURRENT DAY

#1 Postby saikou-fund » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:45 pm

Hi all,

Does anybody know how to get the pivots to show up for only the current day (or week, whatever period it is)?? Pivots being everywhere is cluttering up my charts unnecessarily, bigtime.

FX Helper

Re: Pivot for ONLY THE CURRENT DAY

#2 Postby FX Helper » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:57 am

Hello,

Forex Tester built-in Pivot Points indicator doesn't have an option to show the values only for the current day, the values will be shown for past days too.

Stonev

#3 Postby Stonev » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:55 am

i can do only current day/week version using Hlines. Let me know if you are interested in.

Alexey
Coding & Converting

Johannes

#4 Postby Johannes » Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:33 am

I'm looking for the same. Is there anyone who wants to share a pivot point indictor that has a function which tells the indicator to limit its calculation to only a specific number of bars?

All the indictors available in Forex Tester 5 are calculated through the whole chart, which is not necessary but increases a) the loading time of charts a lot and b) scrolling, drawing etc. is slowing down the more indicators are applied to the chart.

Below is an example of an indicator for the previous day, week, month high/low which I got programmed, that allows me to define the number of bars to which the indicator should be applied to. The loading time is 1 secound in this way.

ForexTester5_er2yBNkBVD.png
ForexTester5_er2yBNkBVD.png (40.06 KiB) Viewed 1105 times

Return to “Indicators”