Sessions

Indicators coded by community members
Stonev

Sessions

#1 Postby Stonev » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:49 am

Hi,
I have developed the session indicator.
This indicator shows you start and end times of different trading sessions, so you can see for example London and Tokyo sessions on your chart, please see the screenshot below.

You can purchase this indicator here ($20)
Please, use 2 in Quantity field.
Attachments
session.png
session.png (60.65 KiB) Viewed 21988 times
Last edited by Stonev on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

foreman01

#2 Postby foreman01 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:39 am

hey cool. I use this my mt4 a lot

Thanks!

KelvinHand

Session Indicator

#3 Postby KelvinHand » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:15 am

Hi,

Coded as shown above. Hope it is right.
Attachments
SessionInd.zip
(52.31 KiB) Downloaded 1689 times

foreman01

#4 Postby foreman01 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:03 am

Works great Kelvin.

Very kind of you Kelvin to do this indicators for free for us. I need to relearn C I guess. I can do MT4 OK, but just haven't felt like investing the time as I haven't played with C for about 20 years.

Most indicators are in my opinion not all that useful, but this sessions one is exceptionally handy as I am always trying to figure out when London and New York are opening or closing.

Tantalus

#5 Postby Tantalus » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:37 pm

Unfortunately, with KelvinHand writing indicators for free, there is no way for other developers to make money for their efforts. Whereas you might have had several developers to choose from, soon nobody else will be available (I have already abandoned the business).

That would be great as long as KelvinHand can always write all the indicators anybody might ever need, but he/she may not always be around, and the market is now ruined for others (some who may have invested quite a lot in building the business).

FT users should hope that KelvinHand has all the skills, all the time, and all the knowledge they will ever need, because by giving away the products, he is cornering the market. Your only other option from now on will be to learn to do the programming yourself.
Tantalus Research - Developing 21st Century Trading Systems.

KelvinHand

#6 Postby KelvinHand » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:02 pm

Tantalus wrote:Unfortunately, with KelvinHand writing indicators for free, there is no way for other developers to make money for their efforts. Whereas you might have had several developers to choose from, soon nobody else will be available (I have already abandoned the business).

That would be great as long as KelvinHand can always write all the indicators anybody might ever need, but he/she may not always be around, and the market is now ruined for others (some who may have invested quite a lot in building the business).

FT users should hope that KelvinHand has all the skills, all the time, and all the knowledge they will ever need, because by giving away the products, he is cornering the market. Your only other option from now on will be to learn to do the programming yourself.

Already 1 year, I had acquired enough skill through you and all past request for difficult conversion tasks. So I decided to stop writing for free now except maybe year end.

antman

programming of indicators should be paid for

#7 Postby antman » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:33 am

I agree with what has been said by all parties.

I think the programming of indicators should be paid for. i still plan to use the skills of forum members and will pay $20 an indicator.
I also think most of the basic indicators are already in Forex tester and any new indicator is verging on aesthetics.
But what ever works for you, is great and thats what it's all about.

Wessel

#8 Postby Wessel » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:55 am

Well,
I learned a lot of people sharing code on the forum and I am greatfull to those who share their knowledge and some times their creations for free and I am more believing in sharing knowledge than sit on it and sell it. That doesn't mean that all should be free :-)
I have shared often indicators or work on here and some times people ask specific questions to program and that is what adds value imho :-)

My 5cnts as a open source developer :-) and at the end its what works best for you. Gratefull to all the core programers here in the forum who sell indicators and often give a great help and those who share their stuff. Think its a matter of preference.

Wessel

Return to “Indicators”