Chande momentum oscillator creation/modification

Indicators coded by community members
ihappynesss

Chande momentum oscillator creation/modification

#1 Postby ihappynesss » Thu May 22, 2014 12:48 am

Hi all,

Recently downloaded the chande momentum oscillator from forum (this was a conversion from mq4). I mainly apply that onto a 5 min chart, however it crashes the entire ft2 if more than 4 months of data is calculated (it even sent my ft2 back to trial version after restarting the program) just wondering if some one can help to solve the problem. I am willing to pay for the expertise work, many thanks

FX Helper

Re: Chande momentum oscillator creation/modification

#2 Postby FX Helper » Thu May 22, 2014 5:27 am

Hello,

Can you please post this indicator here? Or please give us link where you downloaded this indicator.

ihappynesss

#3 Postby ihappynesss » Thu May 22, 2014 7:56 am

Hi thanks for replying, please see the link below for where I downloaded this from
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2958&hilit=chande

this link is the original post which contains mq4 version of CMO, would be appreciating it if someone can help, I don't mind paying for professional services as long as the indicator works, many thanks
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1598&p=3047&hilit=chande#p3047

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Fri May 23, 2014 5:01 am

Hello,

Thank you for the links.

Hmm, I've added this indicator into Forex Tester, runned test for 4 years - and everything worked properly.
Can you please tell us for which currency pair, for which date you run testing when the program crashes?
Also can you please try to reinstall the program into another folder (like, C:\ForexTester2New) and try to test this indicator in new version of the program?

ihappynesss

#5 Postby ihappynesss » Fri May 23, 2014 10:01 am

thanks for the reply, I transferred my license from my laptop to my desktop which is of higher performance (i7, 8G, SSD, win7), however, when I loaded 2001 - 2014 EURUSD 5 min data and applied CMO to it, FT2 crashed again. I have sent a bug report with screen shot to the bug dept

it seems that the calculation may have a flaw in it as the last figure of CMO was 105.00 which exceeded it theoretical max figure 100.00. just for your information, the indicator loaded up to 90% before it crashed, now I have to re-activate my FT2 again

would really appreciate it if someone can help, truly need this indicator for testing
Attachments
screenshot.png
the screen shot FT2 took automatically when crashed
screenshot.png (69.8 KiB) Viewed 8092 times

FX Helper

#6 Postby FX Helper » Mon May 26, 2014 4:23 am

Hello,

Thank you for the bug report and screenshot.

Yes, it seems that this indicator doesn't work correctly. I'll answer our programmer about converting this indicator into FT format and I will let you know about his answer by email.

Return to “Indicators”