Mutliple strategies.

Share your ideas how the software could be improved
peregrine

Mutliple strategies.

#1 Postby peregrine » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:47 pm

Is there if not I'd like an option to trade mutliple strategies and have my size adjusted by percentage according to the risk I am willing to take.
This would allow a label to be put next to the trade journal.
Such as an A type trade, with a B or name of trade, etc.
Trading multiple strategies in one account allows one to do some statistics and figure out which trade is better in ex situations.

Another way to do it would be to allow multiple accounts triggetered at once when doing orders.

FT Support

#2 Postby FT Support » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:31 pm

Hello, for now you can use "Comment" field to mark orders of a special strategy.
Check our other product here:
http://www.forexcopier.com

peregrine

#3 Postby peregrine » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:04 pm

On the % option...
I'd like to not worry about my balance and just be able to adjust my size by the % of risk of my balance.
Specifically if I only wanted to risk .5% it wouldn't matter if my balance was 5000usd, 50000usd or 500000usd. This option would automatically enter the right lot, mini lot and possibly even micro lots.
Another example would be 2% risk. It wouldn't matter if account was 10000usd, 100000usd or 1000000000usd.

On the different types of trades -
potentially the ability to itemize them into seperate categories would allow more metrics to be performed on them much easier. Like a counter trend trade1 vs counter trend trade2, vs trend1 vs trend2.

It would and may also allow fxtester to be traded more like a real day with less time of having to replay same time frame using different methods...in order to get statistics. To clarify traders rarely trade one set up a day as frequency of oppurtunity for that trade may not happen daily for some and multiple times for others.

I appreciate your effort to improve an excellent program.

Return to “New Feature Suggestions”