Indexs, commodities, metals

Share your ideas how the software could be improved
jguellbo

Indexs, commodities, metals

#1 Postby jguellbo » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:40 am

It would be nice to add other trading products to forextester, like index, commodities or metals, futures or cfd. Nowadays, there is a lot of metatrader brokers which offers this kind of products, so I would be nice to test our strategies on indexs, commodities or metals.

FT Support

#2 Postby FT Support » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:08 pm

Hello,

even now you can run a test on such data in Forex Tester, just create new symbols in Data Center and import data of these symbols.
Check our other product here:
http://www.forexcopier.com

stockwet

Futures features are required

#3 Postby stockwet » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:31 pm

I've been able to "hack" the program a bit to support ES and CL. CL was easier because the pricing is in a decimal format similar to forex data.

However, ES is much more difficult. Each tick moves 0.25 ticks and setting it up correctly so that the program calculates profit and loss correctly is tricky and doesn't quite work. Based on the only way I could set it up, a profit of 1.5 points has to go into the program as 150 ticks. In this way, I'm able to trick the program a bit. However, I have to manually edit every single order to make sure it lines up to a 0.25/0.5/0.75/00 mark.

I imagine that adding some of the interest rate products, with their fractional pricing, would not work at all.

It would be great to see some work done around this. The ES contract is one of the most liquid instruments in the world. You open your program up to a big group of Futures traders.

I would be more than happy to help identify some of the features required.

jguellbo

#4 Postby jguellbo » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:47 am

well said Stockwet. It would be very interesting if forex tester team work on this possibility.

Return to “New Feature Suggestions”