can you speed up forextester in time?

Share your ideas how the software could be improved
magicyogi

can you speed up forextester in time?

#1 Postby magicyogi » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:54 am

can you you speed it up so time goes faster like a fast forward? another forex simulator ive used does that and i thought that was great.

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: can you speed up forextester in time?

#2 Postby Terranin » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:42 pm

magicyogi wrote:can you you speed it up so time goes faster like a fast forward? another forex simulator ive used does that and i thought that was great.

You can change speed of testing with a trackbar on the toolbar and set bigger time step (for example 1 hour) - it will increase the speed.
Attachments
img.png
img.png (48.11 KiB) Viewed 9826 times
Hasta la vista
Mike

Tantalus

#3 Postby Tantalus » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:04 pm

Even with the settings Mike suggests, it still seems to me it could run faster if desired. I suggest a mode where the graphic updates are suspended... the chart and other graphics would be frozen while the program calculates all the trades, then displays the results when it's done.

This would surely increase the speed of testing a strategy, and it would be especially useful when running the strategy optimizer. It is a monstrous waste of computer resources to have the main program churning through all the graphic updates to while servicing the needs of the optimizer. Surely noone really wants or needs to watch the charts and trades streaming by while they're doing an optimization run...

Terranin
Site Admin

#4 Postby Terranin » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:25 pm

Tantalus wrote:Even with the settings Mike suggests, it still seems to me it could run faster if desired. I suggest a mode where the graphic updates are suspended... the chart and other graphics would be frozen while the program calculates all the trades, then displays the results when it's done.

This would surely increase the speed of testing a strategy, and it would be especially useful when running the strategy optimizer. It is a monstrous waste of computer resources to have the main program churning through all the graphic updates to while servicing the needs of the optimizer. Surely noone really wants or needs to watch the charts and trades streaming by while they're doing an optimization run...

In version 2 of ForexTester I will significantly increase the speed of processing. At this moment it is problem not in screen updating but mostly in slow core processing.
Hasta la vista

Mike

Return to “New Feature Suggestions”