Seeing tick updates

Share your ideas how the software could be improved
brucehvn

Seeing tick updates

#1 Postby brucehvn » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:05 am

I would really like to have the option of updating the screen on every tick. I can understand that bundling ticks into packages can speed things up, but sometimes to really follow and study price action and to see how price reacts to S/R areas, it's nice to see every tick happening on the chart. During volatile times, a lot can happen in one minute and it makes the display rather choppy. I can't imagine testing a one minute chart and only being able to see each bar update without seeing how that bar actually formed.

I do usually have the tick chart open on the left, but it's not the same as seeing how the current bar is reacting to ticks.

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: Seeing tick updates

#2 Postby Terranin » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:28 am

brucehvn wrote:I would really like to have the option of updating the screen on every tick. I can understand that bundling ticks into packages can speed things up, but sometimes to really follow and study price action and to see how price reacts to S/R areas, it's nice to see every tick happening on the chart. During volatile times, a lot can happen in one minute and it makes the display rather choppy. I can't imagine testing a one minute chart and only being able to see each bar update without seeing how that bar actually formed.

I do usually have the tick chart open on the left, but it's not the same as seeing how the current bar is reacting to ticks.

This feature will also be available in version 2. I see that I need to write a list of all planned updates for new version... Will do this and publish in "News and Updates" topic.
Hasta la vista
Mike

Tantalus

#3 Postby Tantalus » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:56 pm

This seems like an interesting idea, but as I understand it, the ticks are all simulated, based on M1 or coarser data. In this case, watching the 'market' move tick by tick would be misleading, since you're not seeing the actual ticks that occurred in real time, but rather a computer generated simulation.

Just a caveat...
Last edited by Tantalus on Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tantalus Research - Developing 21st Century Trading Systems.

Terranin
Site Admin

#4 Postby Terranin » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:45 pm

Tantalus wrote:This seems like an interesting idea, but as I understand it, the ticks are all simulated, based on M1 or coarser data. In this case, watching the 'market' move tick by tick would be misleading, since you're not seeing the actual ticks that occurred in real time, but rather a computer generated simulation.

Just a caveat...

Yes, but still for me it looks like in real market, I worked with MetaTrader and saw how ticks are coming and I can see there is mostly no difference if you use random mode by real volume to generate them.
Hasta la vista

Mike

Return to “New Feature Suggestions”