Forextester 4 syncing problem

Bug reports and errors in the program
rmcat

Forextester 4 syncing problem

#1 Postby rmcat » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:55 am

When I have multiple windows opened showing the same symbol on different timeframes,and I draw different trend lines on different windows without selecting the "Copy paint tool when created to all charts with same symbol" function,all trend lines would be removed if I tried to remove any single trend line on any window regardless if I deselect all objects or not,this seems to only happen with trend lines and ray lines but not with other paint tool such as poly lines or horizontal/vertical lines.

FX Helper

Re: Forextester 4 syncing problem

#2 Postby FX Helper » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:07 am

Hello,

Thank you for the information.

Can you please send a screenshot or video of the issue?

As far as I know, our software should remove only duplicated lines.
So, for example, if you activate "Copy paint tool when created to all charts with same symbol" option, draw a trend line on a chart and then delete it, our software will delete all copies of this line (even if the button is disabled).

If you delete a line which was drawn while "Copy paint tool when created to all charts with same symbol" button is disabled then only this line will be deleted.

rmcat

#3 Postby rmcat » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:46 am

That's correct,with the "Copy paint tool when created to all charts with same symbol" button disabled,the software would remove all trend lines regardless if they're on the same window or different window if any one trend line was removed,this problem seems to only occur with trend line and ray line but not other paint tools.

As you can see I drew some different trend lines on all 3 windows with "Copy paint tool when created to all charts with same symbol" disable,and if I removed any one of the trend lines on any window,all other trend lines would also disappear

ft4-1.PNG
ft4-1.PNG (484.35 KiB) Viewed 22820 times

ft4-2.PNG
ft4-2.PNG (447.55 KiB) Viewed 22820 times

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:24 am

Hello,

Thank you for the screenshots.

Do we understand correctly that the program deletes all 6 lines after you delete only one of them?

It's very strange, our software doesn't have an option to delete all lines on all charts at the same time.
Even "Delete All Objects" button deletes all graphical instruments on one chart only.

Can you please draw these 6 lines again, save a project via File -> Save Project menu, close the program, and then send a project to us to email support@forextester.com?

The project is stored in C:\ForexTester4\Projects folder.

And we will try to reproduce this issue on our side.

Thank you in advance.

rmcat

#5 Postby rmcat » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:07 pm

Correct that's exactly what happens,all 6 trend lines would be removed if any one of them was deleted.

The files have been sent to the email address you provided.

rmcat

#6 Postby rmcat » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:24 pm

I noticed there was an update for the FT4 but the same problem still exists after the update

Return to “Bug reports”