Why Do I Keep Getting A Insufficient Margin Warning When Trying To Place Orders

Bug reports and errors in the program
kmmr12

Why Do I Keep Getting A Insufficient Margin Warning When Trying To Place Orders

#1 Postby kmmr12 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:51 am

Hi I just got Forex Tester and I am running some backtest. However, I can place orders because I keep getting an insufficient margin warning. Am I missing something?

FX Helper

Re: Why Do I Keep Getting A Insufficient Margin Warning When Trying To Place Orders

#2 Postby FX Helper » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:07 am

Hello,

What symbol are you trying to place an order for?

If you place a pending orders but they don`t open then probably this occurs due to insufficient margin.
Please switch to “Journal” tab at the bottom of the Forex Tester program and you should see “insufficient margin” message there.
We recommend you to deposit more money during testing via Orders -> Deposit Money menu to solve this issue.

To see how much margin you need to place an order you can use this online calculator:
https://www.xm.com/forex-calculators/margin

Also you can change a lot size or leverage in the properties of this symbol, for example, decrease a value in the "Lot size" field by 10 or 100.
Or increase the "Leverage" option.
To change properties please open Data Center, select a necessary symbol, click “Change properties” button, change them and then create a new project and start a new test.
This will help to fix the issue.

htemming@gmail.com

Re: Why Do I Keep Getting A Insufficient Margin Warning When Trying To Place Orders

#3 Postby htemming@gmail.com » Sat May 29, 2021 8:25 am

I get no margin; 0, starting a new project with $10.000 acount. Hope you have a solution

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Mon May 31, 2021 1:56 am

Hello,

What symbol are you trying to place an order for?

Please open Data Center window, click on this symbol and then click "Change properties" button.

After that, decrease the value in "Lot size" field by 10 or 100 times, click OK and create a new project.

This should help.

SLDon

#5 Postby SLDon » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:54 am

I have recently download forex tester 5. I am pleased with everything about the software, except for the inability to place trades. The tester will not allow me to place market orders without "insufficient funds" prompting. I've changed the properties in XAU on the tester, but it still gives Me insufficient funds prompt. It also informs me fo my stop loss being too "tight/close" when placing trades based on %, even after Ive changed the number to the required stop loss distance. Please, if there is anyone who knows how to solve this issue it'd be extremely appreciated. I have forex tester so I don't have to record trades manually, and Id love to utilize this platform!

FX Helper

#6 Postby FX Helper » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:55 am

Hello,

Please open Data Center window in the Forex Tester program, then click on XAUUSD pair and click "Change properties" button.

In appeared window enter "100" in the "Lot size" field and make sure that value in "Leverage" field is at least "100".

Then click OK, close Data Center, create a new project and start a new test.

This should help to fix the issue.

Lot size=100 is the default value for XAUUSD symbol and we don't recommend increasing it.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Return to “Bug reports”