Editing a horizontal line changes properties of the previously created horizontal line too

Bug reports and errors in the program
romanzagorowski

Editing a horizontal line changes properties of the previously created horizontal line too

#1 Postby romanzagorowski » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:30 am

>>> The first test.

1. In any project open a new chart.
2. Using “Edit->List of Objects” observe that the object list is empty.
3. Make sure “Copy paint tool when created to all charts with same symbol” is turn OFF.
4. Place the 1st horizontal line on the chart at some price level.
5. Place the 2nd horizontal line on the chart at the different price level.
6. Right click on the 2nd horizontal line and select “Edit Horizontal Line”
7. In “Horizontal line settings” dialog change a color to some different color.
8. Press “Apply” button.
9. Observe that a new color has been applied to the 2nd line but the 1st horizontal line has disappeared.
10. Using “Edit->List of Objects” observe that both horizontal lines are on the Object List.

What has happened?

After choosing a new color for the 2nd horizontal line (I think changing any setting will do a trick) and pressing “Apply” button settings got applied to the 2nd horizontal line AND the 1st one as well, making the 1st horizontal line look identical as the 2nd one.

I would expect to apply settings only to the 2nd horizontal line and leave the 1st one unchanged.

>>> The second test (even more important).

Repeat all steps from the first test but this time make sure “Copy paint tool when created to all charts with same symbol” is turn ON.

In this test I have observed that changing settings of the 2nd horizontal line does not affect the 1st horizontal line. I think it is correct behavior that I do expect.

I have observed that this issue applies to other types of lines (vertical lines, trend lines, rays) too.

Forex Tester 4
Version 4.2.0.51 (2020.02.19)

Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise
Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Other users of Forex Tester 4 please try to reproduce this problem on your computers and let us know about your results. Thank you so much for all your help.

FX Helper

Re: Editing a horizontal line changes properties of the previously created horizontal line too

#2 Postby FX Helper » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:53 am

Hello

Thank you for the bug report.

As far as I know, this issue is already fixed in the newest program build, it will be available for download soon (the program will update automatically once the build is available)

Return to “Bug reports”