Testing mode problem

Bug reports and errors in the program
nu2this

Testing mode problem

#1 Postby nu2this » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:38 am

Having a problem testing.
1.Down loaded historical data and generated ticks for a currency pair from data ctr.
2.Switched to testing mode.
3.In upper left corner of screen "New project" appears.
4.Click +(plus) sign under testing mode option, currency pair appears.
5.Click start testing.
6.Test parameters box appears, I choose start test from 1st date in range.
7.Nothing happens.

Have any one of you hade this problem or know what I might be doing wrong?
Thanks for any help.

FX Helper

Re: Testing mode problem

#2 Postby FX Helper » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:23 am

Hello,

Please check that your testing isn't paused. Also please try to increase testing speed using "Speed of testing" slider.

Do you see any bars on this chart? Or you see "No Data" message on chart?

nu2this

#3 Postby nu2this » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:17 am

Thanks for the reply.

Regarding your questions.
1.The testing is not paused and the speed slider had no effect.
2.No, I saw nothing except a grey area ( where the "No Data" message resides) below the icons at the top of the screen.

Please Note: I don't know what happened but I did a disc cleanup & defragment on my "C" drive then rebooted my computer and the problem was resolved! Really confused about that one.

Now for another question.
As the testing appears, it looks as though the program is building bars one at a time at a rate coinciding with my chosen time frame. Is it a fact that it is now down loading all the historical data which was previously obtained in "history mode"? This process is very time consuming. I must be doing something very wrong. I wanted to be able to see all the historical chart candlestick patterns, like I can on the MT4 platform, place support and resistance zones, then, using price action signals, back test a strategy. Can I do this without all this slow bar building process? I hope I have explained myself so that my question is understood.

Thank you.

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:57 am

Hello,

You can select third option (Define first date to start) when clicking on "Start Test" button. Then you can select how much day you want to preload (you need to check "Prelaod days:" option) and you will be able to preload big amounts of data before starting the test. So when the test will be started, chart will already have many bars.

Return to “Bug reports”