Super Slow Advancing

Bug reports and errors in the program
stockwet

Super Slow Advancing

#1 Postby stockwet » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:55 am

Hi Mike,

I've noticed that with Build 10, my bars are advancing WAYYY slowly with the spacebar. I've had as much as a 7 second delay from the time I hit the spacebar to the time the candle advances. I have about 1 yrs worth of data in my scenario.

It's becoming problematic doing testing and I'd almost rather revert back to build 9 and have the better performance. Are others experiencing the same thing? Anything I can do to get it going faster? The software is on a super fast machine loaded with RAM.

Taylor

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: Super Slow Advancing

#2 Postby Terranin » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:45 am

stockwet wrote:Hi Mike,

I've noticed that with Build 10, my bars are advancing WAYYY slowly with the spacebar. I've had as much as a 7 second delay from the time I hit the spacebar to the time the candle advances. I have about 1 yrs worth of data in my scenario.

It's becoming problematic doing testing and I'd almost rather revert back to build 9 and have the better performance. Are others experiencing the same thing? Anything I can do to get it going faster? The software is on a super fast machine loaded with RAM.

Taylor

It is strange, nothing was changed in that part of program. I checked it now - and it works very fast, just immidiately. What time period do you use? Maybe problems in imported data?
Hasta la vista
Mike

Man

#3 Postby Man » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:53 am

Please, provide more details:

which method of tick generation did you use?
for how many currency symbols did you generate the ticks?
which time period bars do you add one by one with spacebar?

stockwet

#4 Postby stockwet » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:51 pm

I think I figured it out. There were some indicators on various charts that I had inadvertently left on. After removing them, things seemed to speed up nicely.

Return to “Bug reports”