Disappearing Fibonacci levels...?

Bug reports and errors in the program
fiveshorts

Disappearing Fibonacci levels...?

#1 Postby fiveshorts » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:40 pm

Question: When I draw fibonacci levels on my chart (say, a 15min chart, far left) and scroll forward in time, the fib levels disappear when the endpoints of the fib line fall off the left of the chart.!

In other words, the horizontal fib levels are only visible when the trendline that they reference is also still visible. No amount of changing the length of the lines helps.

Why so? Is there any way to change this behavior so I can retain support/resistance reference on the chart for future price action?

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: Disappearing Fibonacci levels...?

#2 Postby Terranin » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:32 pm

fiveshorts wrote:Question: When I draw fibonacci levels on my chart (say, a 15min chart, far left) and scroll forward in time, the fib levels disappear when the endpoints of the fib line fall off the left of the chart.!

In other words, the horizontal fib levels are only visible when the trendline that they reference is also still visible. No amount of changing the length of the lines helps.

Why so? Is there any way to change this behavior so I can retain support/resistance reference on the chart for future price action?

It was designed like this, to prevent overlapping of the multiple fibonacci retracements on a chart. Though it could be changed in next build/version (made optional).
Hasta la vista
Mike

fiveshorts

#3 Postby fiveshorts » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:30 pm

Thanks Mike.

I can understand folks not wanting it, but my colleagues and I have just discovered FT Pro after struggling with an MT4 testing plugin and our entire TA approach is built on trading from past/present Fib levels across many timeframes... when they disappear, so does our map...

If there's any way we could see an on/off toggle for leaving the levels on the chart, you could see some happy traders hitting your 'buy' button...

Terranin
Site Admin

#4 Postby Terranin » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:10 pm

fiveshorts wrote:Thanks Mike.

I can understand folks not wanting it, but my colleagues and I have just discovered FT Pro after struggling with an MT4 testing plugin and our entire TA approach is built on trading from past/present Fib levels across many timeframes... when they disappear, so does our map...

If there's any way we could see an on/off toggle for leaving the levels on the chart, you could see some happy traders hitting your 'buy' button...

Ok, I corrected this situation and will update installation soon.
Hasta la vista

Mike

fiveshorts

#5 Postby fiveshorts » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:32 pm

Wow! Ok. Thank you. Look forward to that. I'll alert my fellow traders. That's great news.

Terranin
Site Admin

#6 Postby Terranin » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:26 pm

fiveshorts wrote:Wow! Ok. Thank you. Look forward to that. I'll alert my fellow traders. That's great news.

I uploaded updates to the site so you can download it now. Uncheck "Closed line ends" option in Fibo parameters and you will be able to see levels when base line of Fibo is invisible.
Hasta la vista

Mike

fiveshorts

#7 Postby fiveshorts » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:13 pm

That's good customer service right there! You win my loyalty and my positive referrals here on out :-)

I'm just PMing you.

thanks again

Terranin
Site Admin

#8 Postby Terranin » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:05 am

fiveshorts wrote:That's good customer service right there! You win my loyalty and my positive referrals here on out :-)

I'm just PMing you.

thanks again

I answered in PM.
Hasta la vista

Mike

ccurto

#9 Postby ccurto » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:36 am

I also have this same problem. I unchecked "Closed line ends" but it continues to disapear.

Any suggestions?

Terranin
Site Admin

#10 Postby Terranin » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:07 am

ccurto wrote:I also have this same problem. I unchecked "Closed line ends" but it continues to disapear.

Any suggestions?

I suppose that you have Lite version, I did not update this version for a while. Will check it.
Hasta la vista

Mike

ccurto

#11 Postby ccurto » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:13 am

Sorry I didn't clarify. I have the Pro version 1.0 build 12. I found that if I drag the end point of the fib further to the right from where the actual point is, I can get it to stay on my screen.

Terranin
Site Admin

#12 Postby Terranin » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:31 am

ccurto wrote:Sorry I didn't clarify. I have the Pro version 1.0 build 12. I found that if I drag the end point of the fib further to the right from where the actual point is, I can get it to stay on my screen.

So the problem is that if you can not see the fibo base line on the screen you can not see levels? If so, you need to download last update from site and install it over your current build. I updated installation without changing build number.
Hasta la vista

Mike

Return to “Bug reports”