Trouble importing futures data

Sources of data to import to the program
futurestester

Trouble importing futures data

#1 Postby futurestester » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:20 am

Hello,

I have trouble importing minute data for oil futures. I downloaded minute data for 2007 and tried to import it. The import process is fine and data are imported but when I run it; its only few days of data to test (i.e. only 12 days). Please find attached screenshots of my import process and you can also see sample import data in the screenshot during import process.

Could you please let me know what i'm doing wrong here and what do i need to get the import to work properly.

thanks

Please Note: Images continued in next post as only 3 attachments are allowed per post.
Attachments
Futures1.png
Futures1.png (15.16 KiB) Viewed 16282 times
Futures2.png
Futures2.png (12.45 KiB) Viewed 16282 times
Futures3.png
Futures3.png (11.96 KiB) Viewed 16282 times

futurestester

images cond. for prev. post

#2 Postby futurestester » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:21 am

images cond. for prev. post.

can someone please assist me with importing futures data into forex tester please?
Attachments
Futures4.png
Futures4.png (13.08 KiB) Viewed 16280 times
Futures5.png
Futures5.png (14.08 KiB) Viewed 16280 times

futurestester

continued images

#3 Postby futurestester » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:24 am

after importing and running forex tester...this is how my chart looks. As you can see there is only few days worth of candlesticks. It is supposed to be for a whole year.
Attachments
Futures6.png
Futures6.png (25 KiB) Viewed 16279 times

KelvinHand

#4 Postby KelvinHand » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:38 am

Hi,

My suspect is your minute data is only few days from your platform.
From your Future2.png, likely because you enable the setting "Delete the previously imported history...", so you do erase all data and overwrite mode.

you had to reload the previous history data with above setting then load again your desired data with deselect "Delete the previously imported history ..." option to append to the forextester.

To know how much data you had, you could view your .csv file:
- look from the starting date from begin of file
- look from the ending date from end of file.
Last edited by KelvinHand on Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

futurestester

#5 Postby futurestester » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:53 am

KelvinHand wrote:Hi,

My suspect is your minute data is only few days from your platform.
From your Future2.png, likely because you enable the setting "Delete the previously imported history...", so you got this result.

you had to reload the previous history data with above setting then load again your desired data with deselect "Delete the previously imported history ..." option

Hello Kelvin,

I cleared all data, imported again twice without ticking "Delete the previously imported history" and tried again. Still got the same problem. When I looked at the chart; it looks like each daily candle is jumping month by month. But the actual data in itself is minute data for the whole year.

futurestester

#6 Postby futurestester » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:58 am

That's so typical. I found the problem. It looks like the date format in CSV is MMDDYYYY but forextester automatically set it to DDMMYYYY. That's why it was going up to 12 days and then stopping. Data import is working fine now.

Thanks.

KelvinHand

#7 Postby KelvinHand » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:06 am

futurestester wrote:That's so typical. I found the problem. It looks like the date format in CSV is MMDDYYYY but forextester automatically set it to DDMMYYYY. That's why it was going up to 12 days and then stopping. Data import is working fine now.

Thanks.

good work.

saim123

#8 Postby saim123 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:32 am

Hello admin my name is SAIM.. Your are having a nice nice forum. i am a new user and i will be Actively participating.. Hope you will well come me..:)

Return to “Data sources”