VIP Data Problem

Sources of data to import to the program
crocalbtc

VIP Data Problem

#1 Postby crocalbtc » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:46 pm

Hi,
I bought Forex Tester 4 with VIP data and I have problem with it. I am not able to create new Projects, it doesn't allow me to press Next after I select any pair. I downloaded Tick Data only but it seems like it wasn't downloaded properly.
Here is the screen shot of problem. In Data Center you can see that none of the pairs I downloaded have 1 minute or tick data history even I followed guide to download data.

Please let me know how can I fix this. Thank you and have a nice day.
Attachments
VIP Data Problem 2.png
VIP Data Problem 2.png (38.07 KiB) Viewed 17822 times
VIP Data Problem.png
VIP Data Problem.png (44.97 KiB) Viewed 17822 times

FX Helper

Re: VIP Data Problem

#2 Postby FX Helper » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:19 am

Hello,

Thank you for the screenshot.

Looks like our software can't save downloaded historical data on your hard drive.
Please close the program and launch it again as administrator (right-click on the icon -> run as administrator).
In addition, please disable antivirus/firewall or add our software to the list of exceptions.

And please also check if you have enough free space on a local disk where the Forex Tester program is installed.

After that, please try downloading historical data from our server one more time.

This should help.

crocalbtc

#3 Postby crocalbtc » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:57 am

Hi, thank you for answer. I successfully downloaded 35GB of data and updated it and I noticed another problem. After updating my whole program is lagging and I am not able to go through candles quick when I hold Space button, its printing candles slowly lagging while I hold Space button.
Also it freezes and it's not responding often so I need to wait or turn it off and testing is impossible.
Please let me know what can I do. Thank you.
Attachments
2.png
2.png (47.07 KiB) Viewed 17701 times
1.png
1.png (29.03 KiB) Viewed 17701 times

crocalbtc

#4 Postby crocalbtc » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:39 am

Hi, I posted another question here 2 days ago and it's still not approved. Did you get my question or do I need to post it again? thank you

FX Helper

#5 Postby FX Helper » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:55 am

Hello,

Please attempt to do the following to speed up the program and fix the issues:
1. Always launch the program as administrator (right-click the Forex Tester icon -> run as administrator).
2. Remove all indicators instances that you do not need at the current moment.
For example, you may have 2 MA on 2 timeframes (let’s say on M5 and M15) of one chart. Each of these MA instances will be calculated separately, so it is recommended to remove all indicators that you do not need at the current moment and leave the indicators only on the timeframes which you use. In this case our program will need less time to load the project.
3. Check that no automatic strategies are running at this moment, or just turn off strategy execution ("Testing -> Enable/Disable Strategy execution" menu).
4. Create a new project and use the "Generate ticks by OHLC points" option.
5. Perhaps some of your data files were corrupted. Try to delete the data using the “Clear history” button and then download it from Data Center again.
6. Attempt to decrease the value in the “Chart update frequency” drop-down menu.

If this doesn’t help then it’s likely that some program files are damaged.
Please download Forex Tester 4 via this link:
http://www.forextester.com/files/ForexT ... upEng4.exe

Install it on your computer into another folder (for example, C:\ForexTester4_NEW). Please DO NOT install it into the Program Files folder.

After that, launch Forex Tester 4 as administrator (right-click -> run as administrator) and register it with your key.

If you need to keep your historical data, projects and templates. then please do the following:

1. Go to program folder (C:\ForexTester4 by default) and backup these folders: "Data", "Projects", "Templates"
2. After you reinstall Forex Tester, replace the corresponding folders with those that were backed up.

Return to “Data sources”