Advanced Data Feed EURUSD strange session start changes

Sources of data to import to the program
romanzagorowski

Advanced Data Feed EURUSD strange session start changes

#1 Postby romanzagorowski » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:37 am

I have created a project for EURUSD pair (data from Advanced Data Feed broker) with “Time zone” option set to “GMT+0” (“Session close time: Custom”, “Daylight Saving Time (DST): No DST”).

I have observed that on 2020.10.25 (Sunday) session started at 21:00, but on 2020.11.01 (next Sunday) session started at 22:00 (see attached screenshot).

Can someone explain to me what does this change of a session start time mean?

A Forex session starts on Monday morning in Sydney. So, the only reason for change of session start expressed in GTM+0 time is a change of time in Sydney – moving from standard time to daylight saving time (or vice versa).
That would explain the hourly change of time in session start at the beginning of a week.

But the switch from standard time to daylight saving time in Sydney was on 2020.10.04 – about 1 month earlier.

Then I found that 2020.11.01 was a date of shift from daylight saving time to standard time in New York!.

Analyzing the chart back I have found more places where such a change of a session start took place: 2020.03.08, 2019.11.03, 2019.03.10, 2018.11.04, and so on…
All these dates are the dates of change from standard time to daylight saving time (or vice versa) in New York!

And I am asking a question how change in a session start time on the beginning of the week is related to time changes is New York?!

My confusion is huge… If someone can explain it for me, I will appreciate that…

Thank you for all your help!

Roman
Attachments
Screen1.png
Screen1.png (54.95 KiB) Viewed 15173 times

FX Helper

Re: Advanced Data Feed EURUSD strange session start changes

#2 Postby FX Helper » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:37 am

Hello,

Thank you for the screenshot.

All historical data is provided in GMT+0 time zone on our server.
While most of the brokers work in GMT+2 time zone during winter and in GMT+3 during summer.

On 25 October a broker worked in GMT+3 time zone, therefore 00:00 in GMT+3 is equal to 21:00 in GMT+0.
On 1 November a broker started working in GMT+2 time zone, therefore 00:00 in GMT+2 is equal to 22:00 GMT+0.

Please create a new project in GMT+2 time zone and activate "European DST" option, in this case a time zone in Forex Tester will fully match a broker time zone and you won't see any candles during weekends.

Return to “Data sources”