Need Forex Data from 1999, download Metatrader

Sources of data to import to the program
coolwhip68

Need Forex Data from 1999, download Metatrader

#1 Postby coolwhip68 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:43 pm

Metatrader has a History Center option where you can download forex data (in 1M, 1HR, 4HR etc). Once you've downloaded the data, you can use the actual data download for ForexTester.

No need to convert to CSV. Forex Tester uses the Metatrader history as is.

InterbankFX uses this platform. You can download at:

www.interbankfx.com/info/ibsetup4.exe
Rich

evil pip

#2 Postby evil pip » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:07 pm

metatrader grabs about one year and i do not see any options to get more data other then typing in each date individually which would take forever since i would like data going back to about 2000

is there a way to get more then 1 year of data any way other then typing in each date, like some kind of batch data collector?

elocdes

Downloading history in MT4

#3 Postby elocdes » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:36 am

Hi evilpip,

Within MetaTrader, open a chart, then press & hold the "Home" key.
MT will download whatever data it can for that pair & period from the server.
It can take a while, so when I've done it, I've placed a weight on the Home key & let it run.
MT4's history centre might do something similar, but I find it's kind of twitchy & I've not had much luck with it. Sometimes I have had to close the MT terminal down & restart it to access the new data.

Alternatively, you could download the data from the sites listed under DownLoad on this site. http://forextester.com/download.html

Cheers
Chris

yousky

#4 Postby yousky » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:59 am

Why don't you go the Metatrader 4 in the Tool->HistoryCenter, then select the currency you want to download all quotes and then click on the "Download" Button.
After what I've had all quotes of your currency in all TF from 1999 to totday :).

Very simple to use in last version of MT4.

Bye

Return to “Data sources”