compile error with IndicatorInterfaceUnit.pas

How to create strategies and indicators
Lonesome

compile error with IndicatorInterfaceUnit.pas

#1 Postby Lonesome » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:14 am

Hi,
I installed Embarcadero® Delphi 10.1 Berlin Version 24.0.24468.8770 (Delphi Starter).
Using the test script from the "Lesson 1 - siiiimplest strategy" post I am getting a compile error. See screenshot below. No compile error without "TechnicalFunctions"
I remember that when I installed FT3 that only "StrategyInterfaceUnit.pas" (ver 1.11) was included in the installation. Perhaps this is for a reason.
I got "TechnicalFunctions.pas" and "IndicatorInterfaceUnit.pas" from the FT forum.
I found on this forum that this compile error (F2613) was reported earlier and FX Helper suggested to install an earlier version of Delphi.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2107&p=13151&hilit=F2613#p13151
Is that advice still current? Wouldn't it be more appropriate to release updated versions of "TechnicalFunctions.pas" and "IndicatorInterfaceUnit.pas", especially now since FT3 is released?
Will there be updates of these files anytime soon? What will I not be able to do without "TechnicalFunctions.pas" and "IndicatorInterfaceUnit.pas"?
Attachments
pict_2880.jpg
pict_2880.jpg (246.84 KiB) Viewed 33131 times

Lonesome

Re: compile error with IndicatorInterfaceUnit.pas

#2 Postby Lonesome » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:25 am

an update on this problem.
I created a Delphi 10.1 .dll file without "TechnicalFunctions" in the script. The script compiled and works in Forex Tester 3 (FT3).

About the suggestion to use an older version of Delphi. I tried with Borland TurboDelphi. To read the details click link below.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15165
Unlike in Delphi 10.1 using the 5/17/2010 version of "TechnicalFunctions" in the TurboDelphi script did not cause a compile error.
However, FT3 was unable to open with the DemoStrategy.dll file in the Strategy folder.

Conclusion: 5/17/2010 versions of "TechnicalFunctions.pas" and "IndicatorInterfaceUnit.pas" are not compatible with FT3

Questions:
1. Are there versions of the "TechnicalFunctions.pas" and "IndicatorInterfaceUnit.pas" files that are compatible with FT3?
2. If yes, where can I get them?

Comment:
I can't believe that a $200 piece of software doesn't provide all the tools needed to use one of the core functions.
Perhaps I am all wrong about this and FT3 only needs "StrategyInterfaceUnit.pas" to fully function.
In other words "TechnicalFunctions.pas" is included in the "StrategyInterfaceUnit.pas" ver 1.11.
If so, please somebody tell me.

FX Helper

#3 Postby FX Helper » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:56 am

Hello

I've posted the files here:
viewtopic.php?p=23180#p23180

Hope they will work for you.

Lonesome

#4 Postby Lonesome » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:48 am

Hi,

thanks for posting the files. These files were not included when I downloaded FT3 on October 4th, 2016.
I tested the complete codes from Lessons 2 and 3 and can confirm that the "Strategy properties" windows contain what they are supposed to contain. I have not run the Strategies.

With a couple of the complete codes I received warnings and compile errors with Delphi 10.1. They seem to be specific to Delphi 10.1 because I don't get them with Turbo Delphi.
Perhaps the scripting just needs to be adjusted a little with Delphi 10.1. I cannot tell yet. I don't know enough about Delphi.
[dcc32 Warning] DemoStrategy.dpr(41): W1057 Implicit string cast from 'AnsiString' to 'string'
[dcc32 Error] DemoStrategy.dpr(41): E2033 Types of actual and formal var parameters must be identical

Return to “FT API”