Re-enabling Breakpoint

How to create strategies and indicators
philBell

Re-enabling Breakpoint

#1 Postby philBell » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:49 pm

I have a strategy that is showing no external signs of creating orders, so I added some Breakpoint statements. On the breakpoint dialog, there's a checkbox to disable breakpoints, which at one point I checked. How do I re-enable breakpoints? Since they are currently disabled, the breakpoint dialog doesn't re-appear, so I can't clear the checkbox!

Also, am I right that the list of strategies in the Strategy Optimiser is only updated when the program loads, so that having installed a new strategy, rather than overwriting an existing one, it is necessary to close the program and restart before it appears in the Optimiser's drop-down list of strategies?

Phil Bell

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: Re-enabling Breakpoint

#2 Postby Terranin » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:29 pm

philBell wrote:I have a strategy that is showing no external signs of creating orders, so I added some Breakpoint statements. On the breakpoint dialog, there's a checkbox to disable breakpoints, which at one point I checked. How do I re-enable breakpoints? Since they are currently disabled, the breakpoint dialog doesn't re-appear, so I can't clear the checkbox!

Also, am I right that the list of strategies in the Strategy Optimiser is only updated when the program loads, so that having installed a new strategy, rather than overwriting an existing one, it is necessary to close the program and restart before it appears in the Optimiser's drop-down list of strategies?

Phil Bell

Use Strategies List dialog and Common options tab. There you can enable breakpoints again.
Hasta la vista
Mike

philBell

#3 Postby philBell » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:25 am

Thanks.

Return to “FT API”