Magic Number?

How to create strategies and indicators
philBell

Magic Number?

#1 Postby philBell » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:10 pm

In the Strategies API, there's an OrderMagicNumber function. What's the "magic number" for, please?

Phil Bell

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: Magic Number?

#2 Postby Terranin » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:13 pm

philBell wrote:In the Strategies API, there's an OrderMagicNumber function. What's the "magic number" for, please?

Phil Bell

This is an analog of MetaTrader's MagicNumber. You can define this parameter for any order and then separate orders by this value. For example one group of orders has MagicNumber = 1, another group has MagicNumber = 2. So, when you want to close only orders from group one, you can separate them from group 2.
Hasta la vista
Mike

philBell

#3 Postby philBell » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:14 am

Thanks. I'm in the UK, where spreadbetting is tax free whereas purchases/sales have an 18% tax on profits, so I'm not a MetaTrader user, whereas it seems that most ForexTester users are?

Phil Bell

Terranin
Site Admin

#4 Postby Terranin » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:23 am

philBell wrote:Thanks. I'm in the UK, where spreadbetting is tax free whereas purchases/sales have an 18% tax on profits, so I'm not a MetaTrader user, whereas it seems that most ForexTester users are?

Phil Bell

MetaTrader is a good product for trading and I made a similar API to easily move experts from/to. And some brokers in USA also start using this product and I think it will be more popular in future.
Hasta la vista

Mike

Return to “FT API”