Strategy code builder

How to create strategies and indicators
Terranin
Site Admin

Strategy code builder

#1 Postby Terranin » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:46 pm

I created a small utility that helps to make the dirty job when you create new strategy file. This is like an expert where you add external parameters, strategy name, description and it will create a source code for you.
Attachments
StrategyBuilder.zip
(263.6 KiB) Downloaded 4472 times
img1.png
img1.png (11.37 KiB) Viewed 77490 times
img2.png
img2.png (12.28 KiB) Viewed 77490 times
img3.png
img3.png (12.63 KiB) Viewed 77490 times
Hasta la vista
Mike

andrewp

Strategy Tester Format

#2 Postby andrewp » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:22 am

Hi Mike,

I'm a trader, not a pogrammer and it would be greatr to be able to use my MQL4 EA's in forex tester, but it seems you only use DELPHI, is that correct?

Is there a SIMPLE way to convert from MQ4 to Delphi???

Thank you,

Andy

FT Support

#3 Postby FT Support » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:54 am

Hello Andy,

Actually it is not very difficult to convert strategies from MT to FT format if you have basic programming skills. Our Strategies API is quite similar with MetaTrader's. Also you can hire a programmer who can translate your EA to Forex Tester format.
We have Delphi and C++ API for writing strategies. Please check our programming lessons to get more information how it works: http://www.forextester.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=9

pwwatson

adding color

#4 Postby pwwatson » Mon May 23, 2011 4:07 am

Can you modify your strategy creation software to allow for color parameters too?

Thanks,
Paul

forextek

Re: Strategy code builder

#5 Postby forextek » Sun May 29, 2016 3:56 pm

Hi,

I'm having some difficulty dealing with the pointer associated with the external parameter for currency. I'm able to easily hardcode a specific currency into the code; however, when I attempt to replace it with an external user specified currency I'm unsure how to do it. The code below is basically an extract of the code generated by your tool with an addition of the SetCurrencyAndTimeframe function I require to set the currency for the rest of the code. How can I replace the 'EURUSD" with the externally chosen currency? I've tried putting in the pointer but it doesn't compile. I've tried to substitute with a string but the internally defined currency variable is a pointer. Seems to be a very basic requirement to have code generically written to work with any currency pair, but the solution somehow still eludes me. :)

I'm currently recompiling the exact same code but changing the hardcoding for the currency each time to accommodate different currencies.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

var
// External parameters
Currency: PChar = nil;

procedure InitStrategy; stdcall;

begin
RegOption('Currency', ot_Currency, Currency);
ReplaceStr(Currency, 'EURUSD'); // EURUSD HARDCODED each time.
SetCurrencyAndTimeframe(Currency, PERIOD_D1);
end;

Signer

Re: Strategy code builder

#6 Postby Signer » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:07 am

pwwaetson wrote:Can you modify your strategy creation software to allow for color parameters too?

Thanks,
Paul

Hey forextek, did you get it working. Thise software would be very handy for a newbie like me.

Return to “FT API”