debugger pop-up question

How to create strategies and indicators
paradox

debugger pop-up question

#1 Postby paradox » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:16 pm

Hi, anyone ever had an error message pop-up when running the SMAStrategy from the IDE that says . . .
`debugger detected - please close it down and restart. Windows NT users: please note that having the winice/softice service installed means that you are running a debugger.'
I am running vista. I would ideally like to remove debuggers from my pc. There is no winice/softice app to uninstall. If anyone else had this problem, how did they get around it?

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: debugger pop-up question

#2 Postby Terranin » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:32 am

paradox wrote:Hi, anyone ever had an error message pop-up when running the SMAStrategy from the IDE that says . . .
`debugger detected - please close it down and restart. Windows NT users: please note that having the winice/softice service installed means that you are running a debugger.'
I am running vista. I would ideally like to remove debuggers from my pc. There is no winice/softice app to uninstall. If anyone else had this problem, how did they get around it?

First time hear about this...
Hasta la vista
Mike

yousky

#3 Postby yousky » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:03 am

Paradox, I think you try to execute your strategy DLL throw Delphi and launch ForexTester with Delphi to attach this DLL.
But Delphi is in debug mode when doing that, that's why AsProtect which protect ForexTester show this warning.

duzzell

Debugger Detected

#4 Postby duzzell » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:12 pm

I'm having this problem too. I'm trying to debug my strategy dll by using Delphi to run ForexTester and attach to that process. Is there some procedure we can use to succeed at this?

Thanks.

Terranin
Site Admin

#5 Postby Terranin » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:52 pm

Seems one person found the solution, you can ask him how:
http://forextester.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1065
Hasta la vista

Mike

Return to “FT API”