Can't find unit graphics error (Lazarus)

Examples step by step how to make your own automated strategy or user indicator
sqaguru

Can't find unit graphics error (Lazarus)

#1 Postby sqaguru » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:30 pm

I tried to compile indicator code using the Lazarus IDE, and it reports the following error "Can't find unit graphics used by PivotPoints". What do I need to do to resolve this error? I assumed that the IDE comes with all required Delphi libraries...

Thanks

sqaguru

Re: Can't find unit graphics error (Lazarus)

#2 Postby sqaguru » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:34 pm

Hi, I figured out the issue. However, more issues came up when compiling IndicatorInterfaceUnit.pas. Lazarus is not easy to work with. I tried downloading Delphi Lite as recommended here in the forum, but all download locations fail. Can you recommend a reliable download pint? Thanks.

sqaguru

#3 Postby sqaguru » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:18 pm

I have also downloaded the Embarcadero version of Delphi, and it obviously requires significant configuration. When I compile an existing FT2 Delphi indicator, many errors occur related to missing files and other dependencies. It also reports many errors about uninitialized variables. Is it correct to try to compile a .dpr file in a Delphi development platform? has someone dealt with these initial challenges? Thanks

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:03 am

Hello,

We don't recommend using Lazarus because there are many problems with this program.

You can use any Delphi version, you can Google for Delphi7_Lite_Full_Setup_v7.3.3.0_Build_2009-6-22_.rar file
This version should be ok for creating indicators and strategies.

Return to “Programming lessons”