Forex Tester 2

Examples step by step how to make your own automated strategy or user indicator
Matt_mm

Forex Tester 2

#1 Postby Matt_mm » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:46 pm

Hi,

I've coded a simple strategy and am trying to add it to the FT2 Strategies list.

I've tried adding the .dll to ForexTester2\Strategies\ with no luck as this doesn't show up in the program. Where do I put the strategy .dll file in FT2?

Thanks,

Matt

dackjaniels

#2 Postby dackjaniels » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:38 pm

Hi Matt,

You are putting the strategy in the correct place. I've had the same thing happen myself and it was down to an error in my strategy code. If you can post the code i'm sure someone will be able to help you out.

Regards,
Steve

Matt_mm

Vista - programming Forex Tester

#3 Postby Matt_mm » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:41 pm

Thanks,

Been away for a few weeks but back to it.

I was reassured by your answer so continued to look into it. I'm using Vista 64, I found that there was a folder called strategies under C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\Roaming\ForexTester2\Strategies\ which is a hidden folder (AppData). Once I put the strategy in there it worked :-)

Thanks for your help

Tantalus

#4 Postby Tantalus » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:53 pm

Congratulations! Persistence pays off~

B-
Tantalus Research - Developing 21st Century Trading Systems.

dackjaniels

Re: Vista - programming Forex Tester

#5 Postby dackjaniels » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:16 am

Matt_mm wrote:Thanks,

Been away for a few weeks but back to it.

I was reassured by your answer so continued to look into it. I'm using Vista 64, I found that there was a folder called strategies under C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\Roaming\ForexTester2\Strategies\ which is a hidden folder (AppData). Once I put the strategy in there it worked :-)

Thanks for your help

Glad you got it sorted Matt.

Something worth noting...I think the reason the strategies are stored under the AppData folder is because you installed FT into the 'Program Files' folder on your PC, I did this myself first time. This happens due to Vista file/folder security.

The second time I installed FT I chose the option to install on my main drive (C: in most cases). In this case all FT files are stored in the same place as the main program and are a little easier to find and work with (C:\Forex Tester\).

Either way it should not affect the way FT runs.

Have a god day :D

Steve

Return to “Programming lessons”