Missing or changed example .pas files

Examples step by step how to make your own automated strategy or user indicator
kiromano

Missing or changed example .pas files

#1 Postby kiromano » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:42 pm

Hi,

I have examples folder, but don't have delphi subfolder. In the examples folder there are 4 files: DLLInterface, StratConstants, StrategyInterface and Strategy

I have copied them into my project folder, assuming that the files have been renamed since the creation of the programming instructions post.

However, when I declare them in the uses section of the dll file I get some errors. The StrategyInterface file is ok. The DLLInterface and StatConstants files give me a Cannot resolve unit hame 'DLLInterface' at line 5 (5:32), message.

Any suggestions?

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: Missing or changed example .pas files

#2 Postby Terranin » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:08 am

kiromano wrote:Hi,

I have examples folder, but don't have delphi subfolder. In the examples folder there are 4 files: DLLInterface, StratConstants, StrategyInterface and Strategy

I have copied them into my project folder, assuming that the files have been renamed since the creation of the programming instructions post.

However, when I declare them in the uses section of the dll file I get some errors. The StrategyInterface file is ok. The DLLInterface and StatConstants files give me a Cannot resolve unit hame 'DLLInterface' at line 5 (5:32), message.

Any suggestions?

There should be such folders:

Code: Select all

Examples
  - Indicators
    - C++
    - Delphi
  - Strategies
    - C++
    - Delphi

I have all these folders right after installation of ForexTester with all files inside. What version of ForexTester do you have?
Hasta la vista
Mike

kiromano

Re: Missing or changed example .pas files

#3 Postby kiromano » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:52 am

Terranin wrote:
kiromano wrote:Hi,

Any suggestions?

There should be such folders:

Code: Select all

Examples
  - Indicators
    - C++
    - Delphi
  - Strategies
    - C++
    - Delphi

I have all these folders right after installation of ForexTester with all files inside. What version of ForexTester do you have?

Based on your question I double checked and it seems that I had an older demo version installed, that Had installed into the c:/programs folder. This version 2.3.0 was installed into the c:/forextester2 folder. Plus, I found out that when you select the recommended database installation folder for windows vista, it places the example folders into the /user/application data folders which have restricted access.

I simply uninstalled the program, reinstalled it disregarding the windows vista choice for database folder and I now have all of the folders installed at c:/forextester2 as should be.

Thanks

Return to “Programming lessons”