Converting from Strategy Tester to Forex Tester

Examples step by step how to make your own automated strategy or user indicator
ahanzo

Converting from Strategy Tester to Forex Tester

#1 Postby ahanzo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:05 am

I have an engineering background with much programming experience. However, I have only created a limited number of DLLs. I have written my Expert Advisor in MQL4 and tested it with the MT4 Strategy Tester. For more detailed testing purposes, I am in the process of converting my Expert Advisor from MQL4 to Forex Tester 2 format, and am seeking some assitance from more experienced programmers. I have been reading the Strategies API in Help. I also have purchased a couple of books on Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 and have installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express compiler. If someone could assist me with the following information, I would be very grateful: 1) examples of Expert Advisors written in the Forex Tester 2 format, and 2) a documented list of detailed steps that can walk me through the process from conversion to testing (for example, the steps involved with creating and testing the DLL, etc.). Many thanks in advance!
aeh

FT Support

#2 Postby FT Support » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:17 am

Sorry but we don’t have C++ examples of Forex Tester strategies, we can only propose Delphi examples (please see attached).
Attachments
Examples.zip
(12.14 KiB) Downloaded 274 times

Return to “Programming lessons”