2nd lazarus compile of indicator creates uninstallable dll

Examples step by step how to make your own automated strategy or user indicator
SquareMeal

2nd lazarus compile of indicator creates uninstallable dll

#1 Postby SquareMeal » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:27 pm

Sorry for prior, somewhat lengthy posts ... but this has been very difficult to figure out a consistent pattern. I have now duplicated my problem in its simplest form:

1. I can compile brand new source code for an Indicator (or old code pasted into a brand new project) on Lazarus, then install on ForexTester 2.5 and it works.

2. If I immediately go back to Lazarus (still open) and click "Run" "Build" to recompile (having made NO source code changes), I get a clean compile, but the dll file will be rejected by ForexTester 2 with the message: "Can not install."

Lazarus Version 0.9.26.2 beta
Dated 2010-09-18
FPC Version 2.2.2
SVN Revision 18980
i386-win32-win32/win64
creativity + willful purpose

Terranin
Site Admin

Re: 2nd lazarus compile of indicator creates uninstallable d

#2 Postby Terranin » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:26 pm

SquareMeal wrote:Sorry for prior, somewhat lengthy posts ... but this has been very difficult to figure out a consistent pattern. I have now duplicated my problem in its simplest form:

1. I can compile brand new source code for an Indicator (or old code pasted into a brand new project) on Lazarus, then install on ForexTester 2.5 and it works.

2. If I immediately go back to Lazarus (still open) and click "Run" "Build" to recompile (having made NO source code changes), I get a clean compile, but the dll file will be rejected by ForexTester 2 with the message: "Can not install."

Lazarus Version 0.9.26.2 beta
Dated 2010-09-18
FPC Version 2.2.2
SVN Revision 18980
i386-win32-win32/win64

Yes, it looks that there is some weird problem in Lazarus. I send a message to the developers, also other users reported this issue too. See http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=16070
Hasta la vista
Mike

SquareMeal

Lazarus compile solution

#3 Postby SquareMeal » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:38 pm

Thank you for the link to the bug posting. The solution was mentioned in one of the posts.

When compiling, instead of doing "Run / Build" do "Run / Build All"
Forex Tester will then install the dll file.
creativity + willful purpose

Return to “Programming lessons”