Delphi 7 Debugging with ForexTester 2

Examples step by step how to make your own automated strategy or user indicator
1steve1

Delphi 7 Debugging with ForexTester 2

#1 Postby 1steve1 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:14 pm

Has anyone gotten the debugging working? I have Delphi 7 and have followed the steps, but still can not get it to work.

I have:

1. Copied all of the strategy files (I used the ObjectTest in the examples folder) to the Strategies folder.
2. Checked all of the checkmarks in the Project Options Compiler tab
3. Set a BreakPoint in GetSingleTick procedure
4. Did a Build All to recompile
5. Started ForexTester
6. Attach to Process. The CPU window comes up in Delphi and the Window shows "Stopped".
7. In Delphi, go to Run and Parameters. Specify the Host Application and choose the Working Directory to be C:\ForexTester\Strategies
8. F9 to Run. Delphi window shows "Running".
9. When I move the mouse back to ForexTester, I get a message:

"Project ForexTester raised exception class Exception with message ''. Process Stopped. Use Step or Run to continue.

I have used the Delphi 7 debugger several times with native applications, but this is my first attempt at debugging a dll in another application.

Thanks

Steve

KelvinHand

Re: Delphi 7 Debugging with ForexTester 2

#2 Postby KelvinHand » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:25 pm

1steve1 wrote:Has anyone gotten the debugging working? I have Delphi 7 and have followed the steps, but still can not get it to work.

I have:

1. Copied all of the strategy files (I used the ObjectTest in the examples folder) to the Strategies folder.
5. Started ForexTester
6. Attach to Process. The CPU window comes up in Delphi and the Window shows "Stopped".
7. In Delphi, go to Run and Parameters. Specify the Host Application and choose the Working Directory to be C:\ForexTester\Strategies

"Project ForexTester raised exception class Exception with message ''. Process Stopped. Use Step or Run to continue.

I have used the Delphi 7 debugger several times with native applications, but this is my first attempt at debugging a dll in another application.

Thanks

Steve

Previously, I was able to do In Process Debugging FT on Delphi platform in Vista and XP Operating system, but now no longer even Window 7.

Maybe the latest update had "the protection from debugging as a part of antihacking shield" is successfully fixed and implemented in FT.

Now I am using Microsoft Visual C++, only Studio edition, not Express can do In Process Debugging. So far I know.

A quick view on In-Process Debug in the following platforms:
- Delphi 7 can not work
- Delphi 2010 Embarcadero also unable to do it

- Delphi XE not tested.
- Lazarus not tested.

- Visual C++ Working

Phil_Trade

#3 Postby Phil_Trade » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:47 am

KelvinHand wrote:
1steve1 wrote:Has anyone gotten the debugging working? I have Delphi 7 and have followed the steps, but still can not get it to work.

I have:

5. Started ForexTester

Thanks

Steve

Previously, I was able to do In Process Debugging FT on Delphi platform in Vista and XP Operating system, but now no longer even Window 7.

Maybe the latest update had "the protection from debugging as a part of antihacking shield" is successfully fixed and implemented in FT.

Now I am using Microsoft Visual C++, only Studio edition, not Express can do In Process Debugging. So far I know.

- Delphi 7 can not work

- Delphi XE not tested.
- Lazarus not tested.

- Visual C++ Working

Delphi XE2 >= professionnal version as debug function ok with Seven 64 bits
my live account - 8 based pairs with optimized parameters : +188%
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Philipp ... jpg/519044
TradeSlide : http://bit.ly/14R9Nf6

to be informed about Windev/MT4 services : a04486-tradingsignal@yahoo.fr

KelvinHand

#4 Postby KelvinHand » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:20 pm

Phil_Trade wrote:
KelvinHand wrote:

I have:

5. Started ForexTester

Thanks

Steve

- Delphi 7 can not work

- Delphi XE not tested.
- Lazarus not tested.

- Visual C++ Working

Delphi XE2 >= professional version as debug function ok with Seven 64 bits

Thank. Great Info. I hope this info must means that can debug FT2 DLL code.
64bits I understand but why and what is "with Seven 64 bits" mean?

Phil_Trade

#5 Postby Phil_Trade » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:30 am

KelvinHand wrote:
Phil_Trade wrote:
KelvinHand wrote:

I have:

5. Started ForexTester

Thanks

Steve

- Delphi 7 can not work

- Delphi XE not tested.
- Lazarus not tested.

- Visual C++ Working

Delphi XE2 >= professional version as debug function ok with Seven 64 bits

Thank. Great Info. I hope this info must means that can debug FT2 DLL code.
64bits I understand but why and what is "with Seven 64 bits" mean?

"with Seven 64 bits" mean I'm running FT2 on Windows 7 64 bits version
my live account - 8 based pairs with optimized parameters : +188%

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Philipp ... jpg/519044

TradeSlide : http://bit.ly/14R9Nf6

to be informed about Windev/MT4 services : a04486-tradingsignal@yahoo.fr

1steve1

#6 Postby 1steve1 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:09 am

Thanks for the info.

I am using XP Pro SP3 with Delphi 7 Enterprise. What version of Delphi (or Visual Studio) were you using when you got it to work in XP?

Steve

KelvinHand wrote:

I have:

5. Started ForexTester

Thanks

Steve

- Delphi 7 can not work

- Delphi XE not tested.
- Lazarus not tested.

- Visual C++ Working

KelvinHand

#7 Postby KelvinHand » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:42 am

1steve1 wrote:Thanks for the info.

I am using XP Pro SP3 with Delphi 7 Enterprise. What version of Delphi (or Visual Studio) were you using when you got it to work in XP?

Steve

I am using Visual 2010 in Win7 now.
I think Delphi 7 lite was able to debug on FT2.8+ on Vista.

Return to “Programming lessons”