Feature Questions

Ask general questions about the software
RobininRaleigh

Feature Questions

#1 Postby RobininRaleigh » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:13 pm

While FT3 has some similiarities as MT4 there are a couple of things I can not locate on the FT3 platform.

1. If you hover over the tool on MT4 that is next to the auto scroll button it says, "shift end of the chart from the right border". Is there a way to make this happen on FT3? I want to be able to go back in time to place support/resistance lines on my charts but I can't figure out a quicker way to get back to the current candle.

2. As the chart progressives and the bars go off the top or bottom of the screen, is there way for it to adjust automatically or is the only way to manually move it?

3. Is it possible to remove or hide some of the icons that I don't use? I am referring to the ones on the top menu bar.

There are many things in FT3 that I would love to see MT4 change! MT4 could learn a thing or two from FT! :lol:

Thanks for your help!!

Robin

FX Helper

Re: Feature Questions

#2 Postby FX Helper » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:03 am

Hello,

You can click the "Chart offset" button on a toolbar at the top of the program to make a shift end from a right border.
If you want to move back in time during testing, please click "Pause" button (do not click "Stop Test") and then use "Step back 1 bar" button on a toolbar or Backspace button on a keyboard to move back candle by candle.

You can right-click on a chart -> Chart settings. Then go to "Settings" tab and disable "Use fixed scale 1 pixel : 1 point" option.
In this case the chart will be locked between top and bottom price and the candles will not go off the chart.

You can't remove particular icons but can right-click on a tool bar and remove the tool bars that you don't want to use.

RobininRaleigh

#3 Postby RobininRaleigh » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:44 pm

You can click the "Chart offset" button on a toolbar at the top of the program to make a shift end from a right border. If you want to move back in time during testing, please click "Pause" button (do not click "Stop Test") and then use "Step back 1 bar" button on a toolbar or Backspace button on a keyboard to move back candle by candle.

I may not have explained what I am trying to do very well. What I am looking to do is - when I want to place support and resistance lines I go back in time to place those lines which may be months or even years ago; this can put me pretty far back from the current candle). Is there an easy way to get back to the current candle without having to scroll forward? In MT4 the button that is next to the auto scroll button will do this function, which only takes one click and I am at the current candle; but the one that is next to auto scroll in MT4 does not. It is labeled "chart offset" but I don't see that it does anything!?!

You can't remove particular icons but can right-click on a tool bar and remove the tool bars that you don't want to use.
It would be very useful if we can customize the tool bar. There are items in each group that I would like to see but others I don't use often which I'd like to remove... like I can in MT4. Maybe something for an update release!?

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:54 am

Hello,

Thank you for the explanation.

Please press "End" button on a keyboard to move to the end of chart, or press F11 button to draw a new tick on a chart, in this case the chart will be automatically moved to the end too.

RobininRaleigh

#5 Postby RobininRaleigh » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:31 am

Perfect! Thank you for your help! :-)

Have a great week!!

Return to “General Questions about FT”