Visual Strategy Builder

Check our new tool for creating Expert Advisers without ANY coding needed
FX Helper

Visual Strategy Builder

#1 Postby FX Helper » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:53 am

We are now working on Visual Strategy Builder – a great tool designed for creating new expert advisors.

Our purpose is to give a possibility for every trader without reference to their coding skills/trading experience to create the EA that would match their personal preferences; modify and refine their EAs as much as they need.

The idea is quite simple: you just drag and drop the needed elements and receive a coded EA in two formats (both for the FT3 and MT4/MT5 platforms) that is ready to be downloaded.

The project is at the initial MVP stage and at this moment, and we need your opinion about this tool:
- Check the screenshots below and the info about the tool and share your thoughts about whether the program itself, its menu and buttons, all these steps are intuitively easy to understand and to follow.
- Does this tool lack something you might need for the strategy building?
- Share any kind of feedback (both positive and negative) related to the tool.
- Have you ever used any tool allowing to construct strategies similar to this (mention its name if possible)? If so, what were the results? Have you faced any difficulties while using it? What were the advantages or disadvantages of the tool you’ve used?

How does it work?

VSB full screen1.png
VSB full screen1.png (88.18 KiB) Viewed 87826 times

Step 1: Pick the elements of your strategy – Indicators, Value, Price and Time. You can pick one instrument, combine two instruments of different groups or choose several elements inside one group.

2.png
2.png (89.79 KiB) Viewed 87826 times

Step 2: Edit the settings for each element (if the element has several constituents, you can edit each one)

3.png
3.png (29.69 KiB) Viewed 87826 times

4.png
4.png (18.99 KiB) Viewed 87826 times

Step 3: Set the operations (the conditions that alert the EA to perform any of the actions, for example, the crossover of the 2 MAs can be such a trigger).

operations VSB.jpg
operations VSB.jpg (42.95 KiB) Viewed 87826 times

Step 4: Choose the actions the EA should perform (open buy/sell orders; open buy/sell limit orders; open buy/sell stop orders; close position; modify order; close part of position; move stop loss to breakeven; duplicate position).

actions VSB.jpg
actions VSB.jpg (83.08 KiB) Viewed 87826 times

Step 5:
Add the strategy info and export the file: once you are done, you can export the EA in two available formats: .dll for Forex Tester and .mq4 for Meta Trader 4.

hjnl.png
hjnl.png (15.53 KiB) Viewed 87826 times

Share any of your opinions concerning this tool, your ideas will help us to create a comprehensive and helpful instrument for traders.

jeff4ex

Re: Visual Strategy Builder

#2 Postby jeff4ex » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:56 am

Hi FT3
I like the layout seems easy to use and get around.
The previous strategy builders i have used is -- iExpertAdvisor and EA Builder.
Some of the functions i had trouble with in the builders above, was setting times for certain indicators/EA's, i.e Pivot points, i only wanted the DATA for the FTSE' market open times (8am to 4.30p)
The other thing i wanted was to only open trades in a certain time period (Like to London open as an example).

I think its important to have functions like, one cancels the other, if testing break outs, outside bars or inside bars or news trading (when placing orders at both ends of the bar)

I guess the best way is to get it out there and start testing it. Thats how the bugs will get ironed out.

Hope my comments help

Cheers Jeff

FX Helper

#3 Postby FX Helper » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:59 am

Jeff, thank you for sharing your thoughts. We will note your comments down and check either it will be possible to take the shortcomings you have mentioned into account. Would you mind to become one of the beta-testers once the final mockup of the tool will be ready?

christoff

#4 Postby christoff » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:01 am

Hi,

I have used EABuilder (http://www.eabuilder.com) and I have taught myself and done a course on MQL4 coding.

Its just logical that one can do much more if you can do coding yourself. But is takes a lot of effort to get to that point and if you don't do coding every day, its difficult to keep that skill in your memory. So, there are very few people for whom its worth the effort to go the route of learning to code.

So, IMHO the tool that you are proposing here is by far the more appropriate tool for the average FT3 user.

Also, I have always said that the 2 major shortcomings of FT3 that is holding it back form moving from being a good tool to being an exceptional, one-of-a-kind tool is:
1. A functionality to allow users to easily build EA's. Or at least to automate their trading ideas to such an extent that they can test and experiment with their ideas on a more thorough manner
2. A functionality to import tick data from file.

For me its very difficult to say much about the functionality of your proposed tool by just looking at the few images above. But I think you are certainly on the right track to launch FT3 to a new level.

I would strongly recommend that you have a look at the workings of EABuilder. I used it quite often until such time that my coding skills allowed me to code more complex things than what EABuilder allowed me to do. If your FT3 tool can have all or most of the abilities and functionalities that are available in EABuilder, I would be a great fan and very happy.

Because I have some MQL4 skills already I am not that bothered with the exporting of the code to MT4. I would much rather prefer to have access to the source code of each EA I build with your tool. Cos that is a stepping stone in my progress to code FT3 EAs all by myself.

I much commend you on your effort as I can imagine that it can't be a small task to develop this tool.

I must also agree with previous commentary above that one will only really be able to have meaningful feedback once one can play with the tool and understand how it work and all its capabilities.

Regards,
Christoff
Attachments
EA Builder.jpg
EA Builder.jpg (134.48 KiB) Viewed 87737 times

jeff4ex

#5 Postby jeff4ex » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:32 am

FX Helper wrote:Jeff, thank you for sharing your thoughts. We will note your comments down and check either it will be possible to take the shortcomings you have mentioned into account. Would you mind to become one of the beta-testers once the final mockup of the tool will be ready?

Sounds great, let me know when the beta test is ready for trial.

Jeff

FX Helper

#6 Postby FX Helper » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:43 am

christoff wrote:Hi,

I have used EABuilder (http://www.eabuilder.com) and I have taught myself and done a course on MQL4 coding.

Its just logical that one can do much more if you can do coding yourself. But is takes a lot of effort to get to that point and if you don't do coding every day, its difficult to keep that skill in your memory. So, there are very few people for whom its worth the effort to go the route of learning to code.

So, IMHO the tool that you are proposing here is by far the more appropriate tool for the average FT3 user.

Also, I have always said that the 2 major shortcomings of FT3 that is holding it back form moving from being a good tool to being an exceptional, one-of-a-kind tool is:
1. A functionality to allow users to easily build EA's. Or at least to automate their trading ideas to such an extent that they can test and experiment with their ideas on a more thorough manner

For me its very difficult to say much about the functionality of your proposed tool by just looking at the few images above. But I think you are certainly on the right track to launch FT3 to a new level.

I would strongly recommend that you have a look at the workings of EABuilder. I used it quite often until such time that my coding skills allowed me to code more complex things than what EABuilder allowed me to do. If your FT3 tool can have all or most of the abilities and functionalities that are available in EABuilder, I would be a great fan and very happy.

Because I have some MQL4 skills already I am not that bothered with the exporting of the code to MT4. I would much rather prefer to have access to the source code of each EA I build with your tool. Cos that is a stepping stone in my progress to code FT3 EAs all by myself.

I much commend you on your effort as I can imagine that it can't be a small task to develop this tool.

I must also agree with previous commentary above that one will only really be able to have meaningful feedback once one can play with the tool and understand how it work and all its capabilities.

Regards,
Christoff

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Every comment either positive or not encourages us to work harder. We would like to invite you to the group of the first beta-testers, so you can compare our tool with the ones you have used before, if you want to.

christoff

#7 Postby christoff » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:14 am

FX Helper wrote:
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Every comment either positive or not encourages us to work harder. We would like to invite you to the group of the first beta-testers, so you can compare our tool with the ones you have used before, if you want to.

Yes please I would love to be part of your Beta testing.

Thank you,
Christoff

charlangas

#8 Postby charlangas » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:22 pm

Great idea!
i agree with christoff, this will take FT3 to a new level, so congratulations!
The interface looks very neat and friendly, not much i can add on this matter.
On the options side, i´d find useful to be able to set specified times to check the chosen parameters and then open trades, very usefull for news trading.
And i might be way dreaming here, but could it be a possibility to mark supports and resistances both on FT3 and MT4/5 and use them as valid parameters on the making of the strategy?
i ll sleep over this and post any ideas if they come up.

Again congratulations on the idea and gl on the development!
Charly

FX Helper

#9 Postby FX Helper » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:07 am

charlangas wrote:Great idea!
i agree with christoff, this will take FT3 to a new level, so congratulations!
The interface looks very neat and friendly, not much i can add on this matter.
On the options side, i´d find useful to be able to set specified times to check the chosen parameters and then open trades, very usefull for news trading.
And i might be way dreaming here, but could it be a possibility to mark supports and resistances both on FT3 and MT4/5 and use them as valid parameters on the making of the strategy?
i ll sleep over this and post any ideas if they come up.

Again congratulations on the idea and gl on the development!
Charly

Charly, thank you for your congratulations, we appreciate your advice and will ask our developers either we can implement them as well. I hope you can take a look at our tool as soon as it will be ready and share your opinion about it again.

lmarazzi

#10 Postby lmarazzi » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:53 am

looks like a very useful tool, would love to be kept current. thanks

FX Helper

#11 Postby FX Helper » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:30 am

lmarazzi wrote:looks like a very useful tool, would love to be kept current. thanks

Thank you for your interest in our tool. We will keep you informed about the status of the Strategy Builder.

bclarkjr

#12 Postby bclarkjr » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:00 am

Great idea since I don’t want to be a programmer. Would be interested in testing; please keep me apprised. Thanks for improving the app.

FX Helper

#13 Postby FX Helper » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:34 am

We are happy to introduce the beta version of our Visual Strategy Builder tool, so you can try it and check how it works and what is the idea behind it.

You can find the tool here: http://tools.forextester.com/

The idea is quite simple: you just choose the needed elements, operations and actions (using a great drag-and-drop interface), edit settings for each element and then get your expert advisor in two formats (both for Forex Tester and MetaTrader). In this mockup version, you aren’t able to receive and export your file but you can get an idea of how it will work.

At the bottom of the page you can find the feedback form, please do not hesitate to share your opinion about our tool. Any ideas/comments are welcomed!

avnguyen1988

#14 Postby avnguyen1988 » Mon May 27, 2019 7:19 am

Hi there,

Is it possible to set something like this:
Price(0) crosses over Price(1)+10%
Price-close(1) < price-range(1)*0.3

I cannot find the option to set the 10% or 0.3 anywhere

avnguyen1988

#15 Postby avnguyen1988 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:09 am

No answer on my question above?

FX Helper

#16 Postby FX Helper » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:39 am

Hello,

Sorry, but current version of Visual Strategy Builder doesn't have this functionality.
We will try to add it in the next versions of the tool.

Namsen10

#17 Postby Namsen10 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:23 am

FX Helper wrote:
christoff wrote:Hi,

I have used EABuilder () and I have taught myself and done a course on MQL4 coding.

Regards,
Christoff

Hello,
Can you send me the link of the course ?
Thanks !

batuco10

#18 Postby batuco10 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:33 pm

I would add the possibility of downloading the strategies in Forex Tester readable code.
I tried to download a simple strategy as mq4 (metaeditor) and then importing into Forex Tester 4 but got a " A conversion error occurred while automated conversion process".

The possibility of downloading as Forex Tester readable code would help start coding simple strategies since the included EA's are all in dll format.

musclor

#19 Postby musclor » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:21 am

I have been working with the VSB for a few days. It is an awesome tool especially the ability to export to editable metatrader code, truly amazing! But I do still have a few questions and suggestions.

Questions:
- Under "Profile -> Templates" is a nice list of strategies built by other members. How does a strategy end up there, is there an option for public or private?
- Will there be an export function for metatrader 5?
- If I use the time element to execute daily at 08:30 do I need to select day numbers 1 to 31 also? If so could you make a 'select all' button?
- Is there a specific section which explains how to use the Martingale element? I could not make it work.

Suggestions:
- I have tried some of the templates but got the message that certain VSB functions could not be exported to the FT4 format. Is it possible to add a column which states the compatibilty with FT4? I've already noticed some elements state "MT4 only" so that information is there.
- In the VSB section is a nice overview of what's happening in your strategy. I would be even better if those blocks show a little more information on the settings you gave them. In case of a moving average it would state 200 if I chose that number.

musclor

#20 Postby musclor » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:56 am

Can I report a bug here?
I Created a new strategy with 2 rules. Both rules use the 'time' condition. When the time in rule 1 is set or changed it also copies that time to rule 2 and vice versa. When I set rule 1 to open a new order at 02:00 AM and in rule 2 set close the order at 22:00 PM, no matter what I do both rules are either set at 02:00 or 22:00.

FX Helper

#21 Postby FX Helper » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:34 am

Hello

Can you please send a screenshots of the issue so we can fix it?

Thank you.

RonaldNup

View first unread post

#22 Postby RonaldNup » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:53 pm

I searched for fw20 and did not see anything that I was allowed to see, only one thing in the sale section or somthing which you need a post to view, so tada. Anyway, I have a fw20 deck and when you hit play on either side it usually spins but the left side of the tape just keeps getting eaten up, like maybe only on of the reels is spinning. anyone know how to fix this?

JulianRocha

Re: View first unread post

#23 Postby JulianRocha » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:34 am

RonaldNup wrote:I searched for fw20 and did not see anything that I was allowed to see, only one thing in the sale section or somthing which you need a post to view, so tada. Anyway, I have a fw20 deck and when you hit play on either side it usually spins but the left side of the tape just keeps getting eaten up, like maybe only on of the reels is spinning. anyone know how to fix this?

That's a good question? I'd like to know that too.

ForTrax

#24 Postby ForTrax » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:34 am

Is it possible to export .mq4 custom indicator to Visual Builder ? [ the same like it is possible for FT4]
If not, could you add this option ?

FX Helper

#25 Postby FX Helper » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:02 am

Hello,

Yes, you can use "Custom" element in the Visual Strategy Builder and then load .mq4 indicator file.

But please note that this EA will work in the MT4 platform only.

Return to “Visual Strategy Builder”