Poor data quality on Demo?

Ask general questions about the software
vl4d

Poor data quality on Demo?

#1 Postby vl4d » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:25 pm

I started trying Demo today and have been learning how to use Data Center and all, so I'm probably doing stuff wrong, so bear with me.
I want to backtest from 1min to 1h timeframes, but every pair I try there are LOTS of open/close gaps between the candles or even straight up gaps between candle's bodies, even on EURUSD! I'm sure these don't happen in real life trading, at least on my broker.
I hope this only happens on Demo, because if this is the quality of the data on the full version, it's no use to me. what am I missing?

FX Helper

Re: Poor data quality on Demo?

#2 Postby FX Helper » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:01 am

Hello,

Free data from the Forexite broker are 4-digit data, we recommend using them on M15-M30 timeframes and higher.

If you want to use M1 timeframe, please open the Data Center window, select necessary pair(s), click “Clear history” button to delete old data.
Then select any of paid brokers, for example, FXCM or FXDD (we provide 1 month of historical data from paid brokers in the demo version) and download historical data from our server.

Then create a new project via “New Project” button and click “Start Test”.

And you will see correct candles even on M1 timeframe in this case.

If you want to see proper data on M1 timeframe in a full version, you will need to subscribe to a Standard or VIP service or import historical data from other source (for example, import 1M data from your trading platform)

vl4d

#3 Postby vl4d » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:05 pm

Thanks, I've downloaded data from MT5 and it seems to be working fine now.

One other thing, it might be realated to how much spread i set for the pair, but I'm still having trouble even when setting it very low, is that the orders are not filling at the correct prices. I'm posting a screenshot link to make my point clearer; look for the rectangle I drew, where my buy stop order is and where the upper wick of the candle go, and I still got filled!

https://imgur.com/a/k7JvgJF

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:53 am

Hello

Thank you for the screenshot.

This issue can happen when order is opened at Ask price (opening BUY order, for example) or closed at Ask price (when closing SELL order), that’s why this point can be shown on a chart higher than High value of a candle.
To show Ask price on a chart, please right-click on it -> Chart settings. Then switch to “Settings” tab and activate “Show ask level” option.

In this case you will see both prices on a chart.

To change spread please open Data Center window, select necessary pair, click "Change properties" button and change a spread value there.
Then create a new project and start a new test.

vl4d

#5 Postby vl4d » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:48 pm

Thanks for the support, but it's still not workng, even when spread is set to 0.
(My broker is ECN, usually 0 or 0.1 pip spread for EURUSD, that's why I need this to work)

https://imgur.com/a/9LJHDCI

vl4d

#6 Postby vl4d » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:28 pm

Can you please answer my last question? Thank you.

FX Helper

#7 Postby FX Helper » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:10 am

Hello,

Please create a new project and start a new test, in this case new project will use new spread values and you will not have this problem in future.

Return to “General Questions about FT”