Data Import Problems on Day 1

Ask general questions about the software
Minch

Data Import Problems on Day 1

#1 Postby Minch » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:42 pm

Hi,

I have been having issues since downloading FT3 and would like to be more impressed how easy it should be to start my testing. I cannot load any data at all from the dataloader.

I have read the guide and also was following a YouTube video. Basically, I go to the Data Center, select my ccy pair and then hit import from server. It seems to be importing something but when it finishes, the "imported 1 minute history" bar says "no data". From what I understand, it should reflect the dates that I wanted to load in. Just in case, I try to open a new project and select that ccy but again no dates appear.

I was able to load up data earlier in the day but now this function seems to have stopped working for me. Have tried a reset to default setting and clearing the data, then trying again, but nothing seems to work.

Can anyone please help?
Thanks,
Matthew

FX Helper

Re: Data Import Problems on Day 1

#2 Postby FX Helper » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:55 am

Hello

Please always launch the program as administrator (right-click the Forex Tester icon -> run as administrator).

Then please do the following to fix the issue:
1. Click the “Data Center” button on the Main Toolbar (top left of the window) > “Update from sever” > select the “Download part of history” radio button > set up the desired date range and click “Update”.
2. Create a new project through the File > New Project main menu or use the “New Project” button on the Main Toolbar. Give a name to the project, then click Next.
3. In the next window select necessary pairs that you want to test and dates of testing, click "Next".
4. Start testing from the first date in the range or define any other day to start and click "Create".
5. Click the "Start Test" button when you are ready to start testing your strategy.

Note that you can also download historical data from our site via this page:
http://www.forextester.com/data/datasources
Unpack the archive and then import this data to the program via “Import from a file” button in the Data Center.

In addition, please disable antivirus/firewall or add our software to the list of trusted programs and try to download historical data from our server again.

Minch

#3 Postby Minch » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:07 am

Thank you - issue solved :)

trebor.rees.work

#4 Postby trebor.rees.work » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:11 am

Hi i have tried the above steps, ran as administrator and even imported the data. still coming up with "no data" when i start a new project. anything else you can help me check?

FX Helper

#5 Postby FX Helper » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:43 am

Hello,

Please click the “Start Test” button and you will see the candles on a chart. You can follow this instruction: http://www.forextester.com/testing
If you still see the No Data message, please download the data for all currency pairs again.

1. Clear the data (Open the Data Center window > select necessary pair(s) > Clear history).
2. Select necessary currency pairs and click the “Update from server” button to download the data for the same date period.
3. Make sure that you download the data for the same time periods (you can do this by highlighting the currency pairs one by one and checking the start/end date below the green bar).
4. Create a new project.
5. Click the Start Test button.

trebor.rees.work

#6 Postby trebor.rees.work » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:21 pm

thanks starting test seemed to do it. just had to slow it down and it went well. its too bad the full version is over $300AUD just too pricey for me. id rather use mt4 and do it manually

FX Helper

#7 Postby FX Helper » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:02 am

Hello,

Usual Forex Tester 3 price is 299 USD but now we have a discount period so the price is 199 USD for lifetime license.

You can also wait a couple of weeks, there should be a discount period with even lesser price for the program.

Return to “General Questions about FT”