Non-Forex Data Needed (easily)

Sources of data to import to the program
Jim57

Non-Forex Data Needed (easily)

#1 Postby Jim57 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:17 am

I want to keep using FT2, but feel frustrated at there being no non-forex data provided for quick and simple download into FT2 from your data service. Is this going to be available in the near future? Most "forex" brokers now offer a nice variety of instruments to trade and have done for a while. I want to keep using FT2 if I can. Thanks.

FX Helper

Re: Non-Forex Data Needed (easily)

#2 Postby FX Helper » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:07 am

You can find all data which we provide in our Data Service here:
http://www.forextester.com/data/FullDataList.html

Maybe there you will find data for necessary symbols.

If you have data from your own source you can import these data using "Import from a file" button in Data Center and you will be able to use them in testing.

Jim57

#3 Postby Jim57 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:46 am

Thanks!

I want to join to get non-forex data, but I cannot see Dax, which is available from many forex brokers.

It is sometimes called Ger30, DE30 etc. It is the Geman 30 index, and is very popular for trading.

Do provide that data?

FX Helper

#4 Postby FX Helper » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:23 am

Hello,

No, we don't provide historical data for DAX symbol.

But if you have data for this symbol from your own source you can import these data into the program using "Import from a file" button and use these data in testing.

WarnerVat

Non Forex Data Needed easily

#5 Postby WarnerVat » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:34 am

Hi, every time i import data into forex tester it o9nly works on one time frame. Im importing oil data from meta trader 4.

Thanks
<a href="https://www.noriualaus.com/aroma-arc-1000-review/">https://www.noriualaus.com/</a>

FX Helper

#6 Postby FX Helper » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:35 am

Hello,

Historical data from which timeframe do you import to the Forex Tester program?
We recommend importing data for lowest timeframe because Forex Tester program converts all data to higher timeframes automatically.

foreman01

#7 Postby foreman01 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:27 pm

IF you want futures data:
1) Get demo account at AMP futures. (it will expire every 30 days, but no problem to renew direct from MT5)
2) Download AMP Future's version of MT5
3) The symbols are different from Globex. (look here to see the available symbols - portal.ampclearing.com/account/commissionquote.aspx)
4) if the future contract you want does not show up in MT5 then you have to look for it using the "+" symbol at bottom of Market Watch window (They have contracts going back for one year, but you have to look for them)
5) Open the futures contract on a chart, and set chart to 1 minute
6) Then under FILE menu click on SAVE as CVS;
7) The encoding is something odd, so open with "notepad ++" (google it) and change encoding to ANSI
8 ) Search and replace <SPACE> with comma (the only space is between date and time fields)
9) Import into FT3 (not sure about FT4 ) using format YYYY.MM.DD, and comma as the delimiter. then date, time, high, low, close, vol, skip, skip, skip

Contracts usually cover about 3 months, with spotty data for a few months prior to expiration, and sometimes for a month after trading is halted
Gold closes at the start of it's expire month and does not allow trading (except to close an already open contract I guess)
Some contracts like OIL has one for every month, with certain ones being traded heavily. the idea is for people trading spreads - buying one, selling another
Some contracts have very little data and/or a huge spread that does not allow a reasonable replication of actual grading, like Paladium.
And Treasuries do not fill limit orders instantly in real life due to extremely heavy volume. So sometimes you have to wait for a while, or you just buy or sell at market, thus paying the spread [plus the commission] - just like FX where you always pay the spread.

Return to “Data sources”