I am using FT3 here, not sure how things work in FT4)
My MT5 version came from AMP futures and uses CQG data.
1) Export MT5 minute data (futures data has a core 3 month window for most, then the data before and after is spotty and useless).
2) Load the exported CSV file into Notepad ++ (free download -- google it).
3) CHANGE THE ENCODING to either ANSI or UTF8, mine all came up as USC-2 LE BOM (whatever the F that is - and that was the main problem).
[You might also be able to open in excel and then save as DOS text or UTF8 - and perhaps your data will not be in some strange encoding]
4) ALSO use search and replace (from Notepad++ to replace all spaces with commas (the only space is between date and time - and that was the other problem)
[you can probably use excel for this as well. Regular notepad might also work once your encoding is ANSI or UTF8]
5) from here just follow FT import procedure with these settings: Date Format YYYY.MM.DD ; comma, date, time, open, high, low, close, vol, skip, skip, skip
Hope this helps.
Sources of data to import to the program
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests